New ute owner! - 2009 D40 Titanium

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryam

Reaction score
Hey all! Thanks for having me join the forum. New ute owner here (moving from a suzuki swift to a ute :oops:)
Just purchased a 2009 D40 titanium (spanish built). There are a few issues with it, and its in the mechanic now to be fixed up. Looks like there is a wealth of info here so I will look through and see if i can find answers to my questions. I'll chuck them in here if anyone has any quick answers.

• Would love to do more camping - Anyone done mods to their ute so they can have a little camper in the back?
  • What sort of head unit do people have for apple car play? Any dashcam and reverse cameras that are recommended?
  • The car I got has a few issues with mould on some seats and stuff. Plus rips. Are these things that are easy to change up? Where do people go to get parts? I have seen lots of "Now wreaking" ads on facebook marketplace. Thinking of getting a new steering wheel and a front driver seat.
  • Anything that I should change straight up that people have issues with this model?
Thank you!

Welcome to the forum.

The 2009 D40 isn't too bad. Mine has about 380,000km on it now, it's had a few things changed, not all because they've failed - some were misdiagnosed (like the throttle body ... it was actually the SCV).

Generally there's little to replace as a precaution. Your timing chains should be ok if they've lasted this long but have the mechanic give them a listen, checking for any slapping that might indicate a loose chain or the tensioner isn't engaging fully.

Welcome to the forum.

The 2009 D40 isn't too bad. Mine has about 380,000km on it now, it's had a few things changed, not all because they've failed - some were misdiagnosed (like the throttle body ... it was actually the SCV).

Generally there's little to replace as a precaution. Your timing chains should be ok if they've lasted this long but have the mechanic give them a listen, checking for any slapping that might indicate a loose chain or the tensioner isn't engaging fully.
Hey Old Tony,

I took it to a mechanic who looked at it and said that there would need to be quite a few things fixed to make sure it was running perfectly. They wouldn't tell me what, which is frustrating. I had it in for a blue slip and got some things fixed, and its now got 12 month rego. But im worried about it breaking down somewhere. Any mechanics or someone who i could show a photo/video of the engine to, to get a second opinion?

Back