what cd/tv/ entertainment system have you got

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you got the d22 change the stock speakers, their shocking, not that you want to play loud music but when i changed mine the quality of audio was fantastic especially when watching movies, and also seen the size of the stock speaker, its half the size of the six inch hole, its shaped like a footy its 6 inches long by about 2 inches wide, the rest is metal plate.

Happy New Year all.

Couldn't find the thread but people were asking about wiring in the rear doors and no pics were put up so here's a couple.

I had installed the Pioneer F900BT later last year and over Xmas installed some new 55W Fusion speaks in the front (simple swap over).

For the rear speakers I spent $80 on some thin line 40W MBQuart, 10m of audio cable and a 15mm spacer.

Couldn't see how the speak would fit in the 2005 D22 rear door mount - the metal bracket for the electric windows seemed to get in the road and the speaker magnet kept sticking to it to. Could have used a spacer but the factory cover wouldn't fit and it would start hitting the rear seat.

Decided to remove the ash tray instead. Plenty of room behind there.

The 2005 does have wiring at the factory mount through to the central pillar but only on the LHS in my car (couldn't find it on the RHS - go figure). AND, the wire colours switched between the door and pillar (why?). So I re-wired the lot.

Speakers aren't huge but sound quality and base is much improved. I know others did fit theirs in the factory slot but this has worked ok for me.

Attachments

• rear speakers 01.jpg
    rear speakers 01.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 367
  • rear speakers 02.jpg
    rear speakers 02.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 264
  • rear speakers 03.jpg
    rear speakers 03.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 202
  • rear speakers 04.jpg
    rear speakers 04.jpg