Weak acceleration from stationary

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dermie

Reaction score
I have done about 12,000 on my new D22. I thought that it may loosen up & pick up a bit quicker from stationary. It is almost dangerous from traffic lights, I let the clutch out & it takes forever to get going. Is this a normal trait for the 2.5lt intercooler engine or is there a mod I can do to it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Dermie

yep normal lad the little bitch is off boost and 12k is barely run in anyway try more herbs before ya launch from the lites:vroam:

There is a lot of mods you can do, you can spend an infinite amount doing mods like exhaust, turbo, chips Etc, I usually give it a small amount of right foot while clutching out which helps.

I've got the same k's and yeah they're slow but definitely do the egr mod if you haven't already. Feels better off the line and feels like boost comes on sooner. Also better for your engine. Cheap mod with good results. :yes4:

Its normal, there is no amount of money you can throw at the problem that eliminates the lag.
Lots of things help a little, but unfortunately no cure.

Slip the clutch more to build up boost and it will go a lot better. Obviously not great for the clutch, but it's not a sports car either.....

Shouldve got a D40 D22s are slugs. Why nissan didnt give both utes same engine setup baffels me. Our site cars were d22 n office staff cars were d40s. No one ever took a d22 unless they absolutely had to

Latest posts

Back