2011 D40 Auto, multiple issues.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m.andrewsdm

Reaction score
Hi,
My 2011 2.5lt D40 220,000Km, Diesel has multiple Auto transmission issues, that started intermittently, and now occur almost monthly.

1) It will not shift from 3rd into 4th, I need to pull over, shut of the engine, restart it, and its good to go.
This could be heavy or light load, cold or cold engine, Reverse does engage.

2) Whilst cruising heavy or light load, i feel a dull clunk and its like its in neutral, no forward motion, again i have to restart the engine, again reverse does engage.

3) Just yesterday whilst parking, i shifted into reverse and nothing, no feeling of engagement, again i had to restart the engine and reverse was good to go.

Originally by the time i got to the Transmission shop they said there was no codes.

Apart from just generally pissing me off, the first two can be quite dangerous

Your thoughts please?

It sounds like the gearbox is really screwing things up.

How long since the gearbox has had any attention? They don't need oil changes every service, in fact some models had "oil for life" although it turns out that "life" is about 100-120,000km or something like that (we are supposed to get new cars every 5 years to keep the CEO and shareholders happy, right?).

The first thing I'd do is put a flush additive in the gearbox then drain and refill with good fresh oil. Pay attention to any milkiness in the oil (possible contamination from the cooler in the radiator). While you're around the gearbox disconnect and reconnect every plug to ensure the electrical contacts are clean, then see if the car's still doing it.

Rainman Ray on you tube has a very recent vid on a pathfinder auto box with shifting problems , turned out to be a broken connection internally . Worth a look .

Latest posts

Back