Vic diesel fuel shortage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyNav09

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just had a message from a truck driver friend who travels alot interstate and he has informed me that VIC is having a diesel fuel shortage at the moment and it could spread nationally very quickly. He has informed me and many others to keep our tanks full as much as possible. Please don't stab me for it I'm just forwarding info I have been given.

Thanks

Rusty

Yes there is a bit of a shortage in Vic. Prices will go up that was the email going around at work! Yes an oil refinery. Operation units not working to well.

Just a diesel update, shell is apparently not producing diesel yet but should be again next week, and Mobil are producing and trying to keep up with demand

They were hitting the servo,s hard in ballarat for diesel on saturday, Trucks queuing up and a farmer i know was filling up 800l on the back of his ute as he couldn,t get a farm delivery of diesel at the moment

Just ran around 5-6 different servos northern melb. suburbs and no luck.
Apparently, the ship docked at geelong and they pumped the diesel out into the wrong tank, which had unleaded in it, so all of that diesel got contaminated. That was around 2-3 weeks of supply for most of Vic. There is a train coming from WA and 2 ships due to dock early next week, but the backlog is already massive so it will take ages for the whole **** up to go away.
Oh well...

Only one BP in Wantirna i've seen is out. Corner of Stud road and High street road Wantirna. Filled up to almost the filler cap yesterday so should be sweet hopefully!

7/11 on koriot creek rd & millers rd has diesel! And shell prob more to do with the burst pipe the other day! But Mobil is coz the unit that Refines diesel shit itself a week ago but is working now!

supposedly a large part of east Gippy is out of fuel, filled up today. rumor had it no fuel in Bairnsdale. thanks for the post rusty :)

Most servos in Traralgon and Morwell have their diesel prices removed too. I believe most companies down here who needed it got word early and were able to build up their supplies. Thankfully I know where there is 1000 liters, maybe I should start a shop :big_smile:

krafty i hope that 1000ltrs is under lock and key and camera and national guard!!! might not be there next time you look if it isnt!

Where it's stored it doesn't need a lock and key because only about 5 people know where it is and it will keep us going for longer than they expect the shortage to last.

As a person who USED to work on the ships but was replaced by a foren ship and foren crew I am not suprised by the stuff up. This never happened with aussie crews on aussie ships!!! But aparently the goverment thinks its a good idea to keep ditching there own!

As a person who USED to work on the ships but was replaced by a foren ship and foren crew I am not suprised by the stuff up. This never happened with aussie crews on aussie ships!!! But aparently the goverment thinks its a good idea to keep ditching there own!

From what I understand the shortage has nothing to do with ships and to say aussie in any job never stuffed up is pretty ignorant.

Upside to working on a farm

Our old farm wouldn't have been any good, we'd never store 1000l on site.

Latest posts

Back