Vic diesel fuel shortage

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is probably a lot of sites with tanks that the general public don't know about or think about. The question will be how many were able to see the future and get them filled before the shit hit the fan.

Had problems getting fuel yesterday in Ballarat - ended up ringing my brother and getting 20 litres from his emergency supply out of his shed. Did about 40 kms on the red light which made me a bit nervous.

Still a lot of trucks on the road considering the shortage, I know some of their depots will have fuel but independents, especially local cartage guys must be close to getting desperate by now.

Diesel refining apparently restarted at Shell Geelong yesterday, deliveries never actually stopped but were limited and the biggest reason the effects have been so wide spread is because Shell provides more than 50% of the states diesel. They reckon diesel should start flowing back into the system today and there may still be some impacted by next week but it productions should be increasing by the end of the week. The Shell guy wont/cant say when it will be back to "normal", but he also said he can't say what normal is.

Apparently both faults were at the refinery and had nothing to do with ships, ships haven't actually been stopped and they are expecting more ships in now.

I hope you understand that why shell does supply a lot of diesel mainly industrial. Not survos...! Apco imports most of there stock. Carltex are fuel sluts and buy from shell mobil and import. Bp and 7/11 in Victoria are supplied by Mobil.
This is yet to say if either shell mobil or Carltex have problems with stock there is a area of pipe work near yarraville that they can and do sell to each other by just a few valves. But with the recent problems at both refineries I was warned early.

Diesel refining apparently restarted at Shell Geelong yesterday, deliveries never actually stopped but were limited and the biggest reason the effects have been so wide spread is because Shell provides more than 50% of the states diesel. They reckon diesel should start flowing back into the system today and there may still be some impacted by next week but it productions should be increasing by the end of the week. The Shell guy wont/cant say when it will be back to "normal", but he also said he can't say what normal is.

Apparently both faults were at the refinery and had nothing to do with ships, ships haven't actually been stopped and they are expecting more ships in now.

Coming to you from a shell tanker as we speak...
Should have a big load in melbourne this time tomorow, plus our other ships are bringing some cargo from Brisbain and WA. Should have a steady flow going in 24hrs.

We've already got servos with fuel pumping down here, no idea if they are limiting it or if there is restrictions but I noticed 2 with their diesel price back up today.

Ok this is all to do with the price. They couldn't find any other way to increase the price of diesel so they told us there is none. How come the rest of the state had some but not VIC? I got told from the shell sevo in reservoir that the price is expected to go $1:70- $1:90 pr litre. So the cost of living is on the way up too.

Dunno about increases that high, the servos that have it down here have gone up 5c maybe, but we pay more than city folk usually anyway.

As for why the rest of the sate having it that's not entirely true, they are delivering to servos statewide, just not every servo.

Ok this is all to do with the price. They couldn't find any other way to increase the price of diesel so they told us there is none. How come the rest of the state had some but not VIC? I got told from the shell sevo in reservoir that the price is expected to go $1:70- $1:90 pr litre. So the cost of living is on the way up too.

Fuel is made from a finite resource you cannot expect it to remain cheap for much longer...

^ This is true even Exxon know this.

Exxon-funny-gas-station-sign.gif

Latest posts

Back