vibration in new D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22nav

Reaction score
Hi aall how are you? Have been following this forum for a while and have finaly purchased a new 2012 D22 Nav. The truck has only done 250kms as ive had it 2 weeks but first thing i have noticed is that at 25oo rpm it has a vibration in the car and it seems to be only at that rpm???? even siting on the hway at 100 kph and the rpm at 2500 its constant. above or below 2500 its fine??? the snorkel is quite noisy sucking air but this is definatly a vibration... fas ant had this problem or have any idea's????

Regards
Col

I'll check this arvo but it a more solid vibration as it also comes through, I will also check all the side step mounts to rule that out .

Ill have to check if mine does it on the way home its this years model and never noticed it ill let you know tonight.
Scratch that just went for a drive to get lunch definatly no vibration at that rpm it must be a one off not something in them all

Last edited:
Not a Nav but mate had a very similar issue recently with his hilux, 2000-2500RPM he had this vibration that could definitely felt inside the car, especially at the steering wheel.
It turned out to be completely loose engine mount on the passenger side. Maybe check that on yours too ? :S

cheers for the words guys , havent had a chance to check it out yet but i will let u all know when its sorted....

Hi aall how are you? Have been following this forum for a while and have finaly purchased a new 2012 D22 Nav. The truck has only done 250kms as ive had it 2 weeks but first thing i have noticed is that at 25oo rpm it has a vibration in the car and it seems to be only at that rpm???? even siting on the hway at 100 kph and the rpm at 2500 its constant. above or below 2500 its fine??? the snorkel is quite noisy sucking air but this is definatly a vibration... fas ant had this problem or have any idea's????

Regards
Col

Hi, I have the exact same problem, even when the car is stationary I rev it to 2500 and it sounds like the fan is hitting the surrounding making a vibration through the whole car, I have not found out what it is yet, I have now done 5000 kms and am due to go in in a couple weeks for a service (on days off), I noticed it is not as obvious when the engine is cold, I was thinking it may be something associated with the pulley set up on the front of the motor, maybe the harmonic balancer or bearing,

anyone have any more suggestions or discovery's?

If I was you I would test drive another 2012 navara at the dealership you bought it from and see if the other one does it too, if not then demand a replacement!

Got mine booked in for the 30TH, hopefully its a quick fix, it is not normal for a car to do that but demanding a replacement is probably going a bit far ;)

mine was doing the same thing ( 02/2012 model ) and continued to do it after the 1000 km service. the vibration I had was coming from the drivers side rear. It felt like tail shaft vibration or an out of balance wheel. i changed the suspension at 2000km upgraded the shocks and springs and it still does it. Fitted new cooper tyres and I now have 20,000km on the navara, same vibration is still there.

NICK

mine was doing the same thing ( 02/2012 model ) and continued to do it after the 1000 km service. the vibration I had was coming from the drivers side rear. It felt like tail shaft vibration or an out of balance wheel. i changed the suspension at 2000km upgraded the shocks and springs and it still does it. Fitted new cooper tyres and I now have 20,000km on the navara, same vibration is still there.

NICK

Hi, the vibration I am talking about will appear if the car is moving or not, you can sit in the driveway and rev it to 2500 and it will shake the cab with a groan, my ride has only done 5000 kms, it will be fixed in a couple weeks, I will let you know what it was ;)

Hi guys Still haven't found the vibration yet but due to some more issues discoverd this weekend I'm calling the dealer here tomorrow. While driving with family in the back another loud vibration has evolved and I'm thinking ive landed a lemmon . Turns out the rear tub has been just thrown on and nothing lines up with bolts from the tub rubbing on the cab ..Very very diss appointed and put of nissans at the moment. If some1 can tell me how to upload pics from iPad to this forum I have takin a few

Mate to be honest, ive had a year of constant vibrations, going back and forth to the dealership... All the new D22's come with some nice vibrations.

Ive had techs from Japan look at my "problem" car... Get used to it.

Your body mounts will be rooted soon also. They are a great car but unfortunately these little problems make them an annoying car. Especially if you use it as a 4x4.

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Some pics of how far off the tub is

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

So the nav is booked in this friday for an early 1000 k service to try address some of the issues u can see in the photos. I bought the truck through my brother who is assistant sales manager at a dealer in qld , I live in the Northern territory. will be interesting to see the level of service i get at the local dealer....

that is insane! I better check mine!

Hope they sort it for you man, thats pretty loose, I have noticed in mine, if I put a small piece of carpet in the tail gate hinges it is a bit quieter, the tail gate has a lot of movement

My tub didn't align with the rear doors 100% just to the left by about 10mm, really noticed it looking through the side mirrors.
Took it to the dealer, they had a go fixing it, they basically said that it was within tolerance. I got home loosened the tub bolts, elongated a couple of holes and is close enough not to notice now.
Your tub however is a shocker, that is really bad for a new ute.
Hope you get further than I did.

Mine had a similar sort of metallic rattle/vibration coming from the engine when revving around 2500rpm. I had it in at the dealership for the body mounts knocking going over bumps and they noticed the noise at the front and fixed it.

They said it was something loose and it just required tightening.

Latest posts

Back