v6 snorkel attempt - need advice

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tictacky

Reaction score
hey guys, been lurking for a few months now trying to find a build for a petrol navara with a snorkel and after going to a few local shops today ive decided to take the plunge and have a go.

its a 3.0 v6 and im going to attempt to fit a 2.5td snorkel on to it and do some custom plumbing to the air box.

if anyone is familiar with the airbox there in 1 main inlet, and then 2 smaller ones that sort of lead to dead ends, my local 4x4 shop said they are for expansion when the ute back fires and i should just cut them off and seal the holes up, which doesnt make sense to me?

my only question is should i do my best to learn these 'expansion chambers' intact? Any other advice would be very much appreciated and wish me luck

Im not sure if he put it in his build thread or not but a member on here 'raywise' was putting an 80 series airbox in his v6 d22 and I think that was to get a snorkel to fit. Maybe search for his build thread or send him a pm. He isnt around as much as he used to be.

Yep, still around Bryce, still haven't got the snorkel. Spending whatever spare money we have for a while now on my road bike and fixing/replacing appliances at home, poor ol Nav is somewhat neglected these days.

my local 4x4 shop said they are for expansion when the ute back fires and i should just cut them off and seal the holes up, which doesnt make sense to me?

If I'm thinking of the right components, they're Helmholtz chambers to cancel out drones at the resonant frequencies of the airbox. Photos would help confirm.

I put flexible hose from the inside of the guard attached to the snorkel and into the air box. The 2 holes in the airbox you need to seel. That's how I did mine before I did the 80 series airbox mod

hey guys i took a photo of the air box to clarify what im talking about, still no snorkel yet :(

Attachments

• IMG_1401[1].jpg
    IMG_1401[1].jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 81
hey guys just finished up fitting it and it fits perfectly, used a 2.5td dual battery snorkel and it matched my existing air intake perfectly, just had to bog up that hole and everything else was plug and play

heres a pic of it finished and some new rims/tyres i picked up today :)

Attachments

• IMG_1409[1].jpg
    IMG_1409[1].jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Back