Dual Battery / Canopy / Tub liner mods advice please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate, That looks awesome! Definitely worth $.05!! The metal you used looks pretty heavy duty, does it weigh heaps? I can't weld and don't have easy access to a welder (otherwise I'd consider learning, it'd be very useful skill to have I've always wanted to but would really have any idea where to start with what size / type, I'd save a bunch of money if I could weld my own target frame for the rifle range) anyway so I was thinking that I would use the aluminium 25mm x 25mm like http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=24598 Your battery goes in the compartment at the back near the compressor? When you decided to go with the drawers / boxes in the tub was there one or two things that really helped make the decision? What is the mechanism for the fridge slide twisting? Cheers for your input, this is all helping a lot in the decision making process, -Scott

Thanks mate. Yeah it's heavy but make for a nice ride. I am thinking of rebuilding the same thing out of alloy or changing to a tray with a slide on setup.
Mate go buy yourself a cheap dual purpose 150 amp MIG welder. Learn with that then buy something better later. You mite be happy with the cheapy but they don't weld as nice. It not hard to learn to MIG weld.

Cheers.

Was just at paint shop.

Rust-o-leum or something like that, paint on tub liner for $145, comes with all that's needed except masking tape and turps.

Claims do do an 8 foot tray.

In considering it for my trailer

Hey mitch,

That sounds good! Was it definitely the stuff that dries hard?

Does it recommend to roll on to get a nice stipple effect or spray?

Latest posts

Back