Tred recovery tracks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happy john

Reaction score
Just noticed tred 1100mm tracks at bcf $179 a pair will they do the same as the max trax ? i destroyed mine in that bloody marsh my fault but afer 6hrs i was having a panic attack

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    aaa.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 221
Pay a little extra and get maxtraxx they are much stronger, I have seen treds brake on there first use.

That interests me that the maxtraxxx are stronger as the Treds have three spines down the centre where as the maxtraxxx only have two.

Cheers,

TF

Maxtrax all the way, another case of people being tight arses and saying an inferior product is just as good which it isn't (think Ironman vs ARB bullbars), maxtrax saved my first nav when I was being silly on the beach right on the low tide line, if I didn't have them I would have surely lost my car haha, well that or lockers would have helped to.

If you are patient supercheap often has them on special for like 230-260 same with BCF, you can also get various colors from wolf 4x4 in brisbane (black, blue, green ect) make sure its the version 2 though that you buy as the version 1's had a softer plastic compound and you could wear the knobs off them really easily. The moron on the beach at double island that I lent my set to did just that, bogged with a caravan, I was like make sure you just idle out so he decides to floor it and all that happened was he remained bogged and my set of maxtrax was destroyed, I had a snatch strap but was to pissed off to help him any further so drove off.

Last edited:
Friends have also told me to go MaxTraxx over the cheaper Tred.. You literally get what you pay for in this instance.. Unless you want them to be only 1/2 use and throw away..

@180 - Mate I think you had every right to drive off after destroying your equipment.. He should have ponied up for a replacement. Problem is most people don't see it that way.. He was probably cursing you for not "helping more"...

KARMA!

Personally i dont see what all the fuss is about with the maxtrax, as a number of people stated above they can be trashed just as easy as other brands of traction boards.

so why spend the extra cash on somthing that can just as easily be trashed as the next brand.

I saw on 4x4 TV they used them on an old bridge where the timber had broken and drove over them with landcruisers and patrols and they never broke, they did get a little bend in them but three or four fully loaded vehicles drove over them.

I know this is advertising but they seem to work fine here in this link even with a 3 tonne truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRSK7NEpdX8

and here is a Patrol with camper trailer using them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSxqHdqHE9o

Last edited:
I love my maxtrax!! I have used them as ramps on rocks and ruts! I think there ment to bend a Lil bit, 😁 aren't they. I've even zip tied them to my boots to walk up a muddy hill 😝.

e moron on the beach at double island that I lent my set to did just that, bogged with a caravan, I was like make sure you just idle out so he decides to floor it and all that happened was he remained bogged and my set of maxtrax was destroyed, I had a snatch strap but was to pissed off to help him any further so drove off.

You didn't smack him over the head with them? You must be a Saint.

No leaving him bogged to the chassis on the beach was vindication enough for destroying a $300 pair of maxtrax lol.

This was the first gen ones though which are known for having the knobs easily worn off them, the new ones are meant to be alot tougher but I just take slabs of wood with me now cause I don't go there enough to warrant getting another set.

I've been looking at them for a while now... maxtracks at 300 if you buy them when someone has them on special, say 20-30% off sale makes them 210. or treds 220 less the same discount makes them 180. I'd be paying the extra 30 and buying the originals.

I've been looking at them for a while now... maxtracks at 300 if you buy them when someone has them on special, say 20-30% off sale makes them 210. or treds 220 less the same discount makes them 180. I'd be paying the extra 30 and buying the originals.

Fair point, i just have never seen them for that price, also i dont mind the fact that the TREDS have a "lifetime warranty"

But as i said before i dont really care witch ones as both will fail if treated wrong, like a little wheel spin as mentioned by HJ and 180.
Also i have had set for a yr now and after going to Fraser Island and many other 4x4 day trips and weekends and NOT even taking them out of the bag i dont think they are really going to wear out or break.
Yeah they are a handy thing but i just have not had to use them, and to be frank i havnt really seen many others using them either, only once on Fraser while heading up to the Sandy Cape did i see a set being used, even 180 said he just uses blocks of wood, so what is all the fuss about?? just grab what ever you want.

I got some sleepers cut up into smaller pieces, also gives a stable jacking platform down on the beach.

Cheapest I,ve seen was at bcf on the weekend, $265 I believe.

supercheap had a set for $240 the other weekend.

Tit for tat:rofl2: bcf are showing the longer treds for $179 ATM. Question is if they sit on your ute for 5 or more years and don't get used is it better to buy the cheap product or the dearer name brand, also if they sit in the sun for say 5 years will either brand be much good?

Latest posts

Back