The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still waiting for my 550 every week a different excuse, most recent Nissan is short of black roll bars , has any one fitted a bull bar to their 550, if so what make I have taken my old one off my d40 not sure if it will fit , has anyone done any towing with their new 550?? very interested to see what fuel figures the return,

What are the sevice intervals 20000km? & what costs are their capped price servicing, I believe that they are different prices? but are capped until 120000km- 6yrs
Cheers

Hi treeman, I don't think the older bullbars will fit the 550's as they are slightly different in the front to the other i believe, and the dealer here also told me i couldn't put a nudge bar on it as well, will need to look into that one as that was part of the deal with mine that a nudge bar was included.

As for fuel figures, i have been a bit crook last week and havn't been anywhere to really test it, but is has done 550 kms and only used 3/4 of a tank so far, and the computer tells me it's good for another 110 kms, time will tell i spose, what ever it still kills my old series 1 diesel auto that i had.

cheers
Worm..

Thanks Worm 550kms per tank is all I get out of my 07 d40 auto , gets a lot less towing the van . so your fuel figures are very encouraging

cheers treeman

Just clocked over 1100k's. Computer says 730K's to tank full. Pick up van in 2 weeks so will report fuel usage then.

:dancing::dancing:
Just put deposit on black STX 550, delivery 1st week of sept, don't know how i'll hold out til then!

HI try and get a vin number and a order number off your dealer. that way you will you actually have one ordered ,my dealer could only give me a order
number and Nissan said no vehicle was assigned to that order number, and it will be at least October before I could expect one. I canceled my order and found one in stock at a Sydney dealer pick it up on Wednesday ,long wait three months hope it was worth the wait

cheers treeman

just spoke to dad he said the dash told him a full tank was good for 690 km's.....he was getting 9.6 -9.7 on a trip from adelaide to melb with a fresh engine..will give his update in 5 days about fuel consumption with the 2.2 ton van.

oh he is genrally very fussy and pickie....when i asked if he had any complaints he said "i am very happy with it" to translate from grumpy old man to english....this really means "its a bloody good ute"

Hi All

new to this forum I currently own a Pajero TD lovely car but need some more space and will be updating soon, going back to a dual cab.

I have had a decent road test of the new V6 Diesel an came away impressed. So here are my comments for people interested and seeing if it is worth the wait. Initial start up, very quiet no diesel rattle very smooth at idle doesn't feel like your regular tradie type vehicle. This vehicle has only done 50 km so very tight so wasn't really expecting to much. Driving at normal speeds it is incredibly quite and smooth more like a petrol engine than diesel.

Arrive at my first decent hill this thing just pulls even at low revs showing 1500 and even know the engine is not broken in it just keeps pulling. I hate autos but this modern units are just simply brilliant the taco didn't go past 2000 rpm but still pulling up this hill had to actually slow down as i hit 80 km very easily, gear changes are almost non existent like a CVT transmission. When going down hill it seemed to drop down gears like you would use a manual a big thing as i tow a large trailer, i switched to manual mode and the unit only allows you to drop gears at the correct revs but still should be good with towing heavy trailers.

The engine is now at good temperatures and I put my foot down to see what this baby can do. The traction control interrupts for a second (slightly wet road) wooo this is the fastest diesel I have been in this thing pulls more like a V8 than a 6 and just keeps going. Smooth as silk all the way through the rev range and auto just seems to work so well with this engine combo.

I value my licence so had only one section with a 90 km zone. Highway cruise was uneventful like driving a car taco sits around 1800 1900 at 90 km. So should give good fuel economy, I have no doubt this will be an economical cruiser once engine breaks in.

handling. I was surprised at how composed this Ute was it handle bumps well and corners where surprising, better than the Hilux I owned but not as good as the Pajero but hey this is a Ute. This engine auto combo leaves the Pajero and Prado for dead it is literally streets ahead.

Is it worth the extra money well look at this way If you want a dual Cab that simple has oodles of power, handles well then this is the Ute to get. The engine gearbox combo is streets ahead off all the current Utes including Amarok.

As for price, unfortunately Australians get the raw end. In Europe this unit is specked with leather seats Bose sound system and sunroof. we must get the poverty pack version.

They have added equipment that is poorly specked for Australian market as most Australians up spec there vehicles by adding canopies etc. those roof racks are just downright ugly.

I will not buy straight away as want to see reliability of these units before putting hard earned money down but is high on my priority lists as i tow a lot and need the extra torque that this unit gives.

Hope you enjoyed this little review for a first timer. I know how much people who are interested may not get the chance to drive before they buy due to lack of stock.

Mine arrived today, actually it was their demo but they relented under pressure and gave it to me after they rang Nissan. Mine was not meant to be available for trucking until after 6/4. Took it for a quick drive and does it have some grunt. Pick it up on Thursday all going well.
Plod

I'm amazed at the amount of torque, it definatley pleases. I've got 1,500km already and its going in for it's first service already. :)

If you sink the boot in on take off it will start spinning the wheels when it passes 2,000rpm, its very aggressive through to 3rd.

The interesting part though is the auto seems to have the right gear ready, it shifts down and engine brakes as you slow, and is very quick to respond when you overtake.

Real easy to find yourself over the speed limit on the freeway, you only have to look in the rear view mirror and youve gone 10k over. (lucky the speedo is out by 6k's at 110)

Well worth the wait, and after you fang around a bit you forget the $65,000 bill, untill the kids come with food.

Chris

:dancing::dancing:

HI try and get a vin number and a order number off your dealer. that way you will you actually have one ordered ,my dealer could only give me a order
number and Nissan said no vehicle was assigned to that order number, and it will be at least October before I could expect one. I canceled my order and found one in stock at a Sydney dealer pick it up on Wednesday ,long wait three months hope it was worth the wait

cheers treeman

Was that by any chance Lander Nissan? If so YOU GOT MY BLOODY UTE!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah well, he who hesitates, masturbates as they say.

Japan earthquake: Nissan to resume production

There might be a longer wait again for the V6's.

that was exactly the shit they were spruiking at nissan yesterday, hence the wait til Sept.

They way they play the general public is such a crock they are worse than politicians. Sure the earthquake shut the plant and slowed production but the plant has been back up and running now for about 2 weeks and from their own reports coming out of Japan the plant is back on track. It was also reported that it was only part of the spare parts division that was actually effected so how this makes such a huge impact on new cars (that are made in Spain as far as I am aware) to the point of delaying them 6 months is bullshit.

Just like the shortage of Nav's 18 months ago when I brought mine the dealers are bullshitting their arses off with excuses because they don't have the right answers.

that was exactly the shit they were spruiking at nissan yesterday, hence the wait til Sept.

Never mind, still got the king cab, not like im on the bus for 6months

there are a couple on carsales.com
one in vic (black)and one in perth(silver)

Was that by any chance Lander Nissan? If so YOU GOT MY BLOODY UTE!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah well, he who hesitates, masturbates as they say.

Hi spot on when I went there a couple of weeks ago they had two black ones in stock, I didn't want a black one so it took two weeks to swap for a white one. picked it up to day,did 500 ks driving it home . fantastic no kicking back on hills like the d40 auto, sat on 114km under 2000revs all the way. fuel consumption great over all a bit of city mostly freeway and country roads returned 9.5lt per 100ks,compared to my d4o which returned 12.5 for the same trip . Will hook the van up to it next week and see how it tows, Lander Nissan said they have more coming in May but I don't think you will not be going back to them if they have done the dirty on you

cheers treeman

Back