The V6 Diesel D40 has arrived.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up today, fantastic is all i can say, goes like the wind, looks great, motor is quiet, ultra smooth transmission. No chance for photos as too busy driving.
One happy camper.
Now to learn all the controls, seems I may have plenty of time to fiddle from the passenger seat as SWMBO loves driving it.

Picked up today, fantastic is all i can say, goes like the wind, looks great, motor is quiet, ultra smooth transmission. No chance for photos as too busy driving.
One happy camper.
Now to learn all the controls, seems I may have plenty of time to fiddle from the passenger seat as SWMBO loves driving it.

Hi Ekka, yep i took delivery of mine today as well, the only one in tassie they tell me for the moment. I must say it puts you back in the seat if you put the foot down, so far the computer thingy says it's only doing 12 L per 100 but i've only done 90 kms so i wouldn't think it's real accurate at the mo.

Now all i have to do is learn how to drive the eclpise gps and i'll be touring our fine state down here.

it's pretty basic at the mo with no mods as yet but as like yourself i'm just happy to get my hands on it.

can't upload pics yet they're too big so will have to retake them tomorrow.

Worm..

Haven't got mine yet, but this morning I was able look and touch as It is with the dealer waiting for rego and towbar.

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

Chris

Hi Raziel, that fuel sticker might not be to far off the mark perhaps as all of my driving this arvo was around the streets in launceston and it was saying 11.9 to 12 on the computer. will have to give it a good run tomorrow and see what it's like on the open road.

cheers,
worm

Now all i have to do is learn how to drive the eclpise gps and i'll be touring our fine state down here.

it's pretty basic at the mo with no mods as yet but as like yourself i'm just happy to get my hands on it.

can't upload pics yet they're too big so will have to retake them tomorrow.

Worm..[/QUOTE]

Hi Worm/Ekka
Glad to hear you have the new car now time to fill us in for all us still waiting, worm once you learn to drive the gps can you compare it with the speedo to see if it out, watching with envy untill mine arrives.
Cheers & have fun

How do you find the auto cog swapper? worm

Chris

Howdy, yes it quite nice, i did think yesterday that going uphill it could of changed back a bit quicker whilst in town, but as from when out on the open road you don't enven know its changing gear, very smooth while cruizing.

Other thing i noticed the spedo reads 7 km's hinger than the gps which is a pain, but no worries i'll just work of the gps. The old series 1 was only about 4 Kms higher, just a matter of getting used to it i dare say and i doubt very much if it'll stop me getting speeding tickets..

apart from that it looks very spiffy..

cheers,

Worm..

Hey Worm
Did you get the reversing camera as well if so can you throw up a pic where the camera is mounted?
cheers hunter

Hey Worm
Did you get the reversing camera as well if so can you throw up a pic where the camera is mounted?
cheers hunter

Hi Hunter hopefully attached is some piccies for you, They put the camera fair bang in the middle of the number or rather on top of it.

PS: only had the thing for 24 hours and got a speeding ticket already, so beware all future buyers they go like a shower of S?$#

Worm..

Attachments

• march 19 2011 839.jpg
    march 19 2011 839.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 131
Hi Hunter hopefully attached is some piccies for you, They put the camera fair bang in the middle of the number or rather on top of it.

PS: only had the thing for 24 hours and got a speeding ticket already, so beware all future buyers they go like a shower of S?$#

Worm..

Thanks mate for the pic, was you driving by the gps or speedo when you got the ticket? also is the hard torno remote central locking by nissan key fob or do you have to use keys manualy.
cheers hunter

Thanks mate for the pic, was you driving by the gps or speedo when you got the ticket? also is the hard torno remote central locking by nissan key fob or do you have to use keys manualy.
cheers hunter

Hi hunter, yeah was driving by the gps so i reckon i'll stand a good chance of a ticket as it was a speed camera, (rotten things), as for the hard torno. it locks when you lock the doors, also can lock and unlock both it and the tailgate with keys.

Apart from the little mishap yesterday there's reall only one word for it, BRILLIANT, it feels bigger than my last series 1 d40, yet the ride is a lot smoother and quieter and no rattles what so ever at this stage until of course i start taking it out around the farm here, that will test it :)

cheers,
Worm.

Hi hunter, yeah was driving by the gps so i reckon i'll stand a good chance of a ticket as it was a speed camera, (rotten things), as for the hard torno. it locks when you lock the doors, also can lock and unlock both it and the tailgate with keys.

Apart from the little mishap yesterday there's reall only one word for it, BRILLIANT, it feels bigger than my last series 1 d40, yet the ride is a lot smoother and quieter and no rattles what so ever at this stage until of course i start taking it out around the farm here, that will test it :)

cheers,
Worm.

Its funny you say it feels bigger cause I took this pic thinking it looked bigger. eg nose seems to stick out more. (the 550 is the 3rd one in). The tailgates on all three navs are back to the fence. The front bumper bar definately has a different shape to the nav next to it (second car in). The first nav in I believe is the 140kw stx.

Chris

IMG_0378.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, all of the current ST-X versions have the different bumper (Also the Pathfinders have it) which lengthen the nose a touch.

I ordered my 550 two months ago and the dealer told me it should be here in May. Can't wait to hear what people think of the new ute. South African web sites I have visited give it great reviews.

Most likley July, since these ones were meant to be here Janurary and its only just reached the dealer.

Worth the wait though dont let it discourage you.

:)

Chris

Roof rack/rails look super fugly.

Hi Leprechaun, yes i originally didn't like them either but they're growing on me. On another note i went for drive today and according to the trip computer it was doing 9.9 to 10.1 litres per 100, will have to find out properly when the tank is empty but if that's right i'll be a happy camper as it's a hell of a lot better that my series 1 d40 auto was.

Cheers

Worm.

Has anyone fiitied a bullbar or lift kit to the 550 yet? Are there any differences between it and a normal stx?

gave new truck a trip to sydney at the weekend. Proved to be a fantatic 2 days driving, except for the rain. Fuel consumption down to 10.1. Not bad but hopefully improves a bit when motor has a few thousand k's on it.

My first 4x4, gave it a wash yesterday and realised how big this thing is.
Highly impressed with vehicle can not fault it.

Only help i need is to transfer contacts from phone to phonebook in radio. Tried following the manual but nothing happened. Stopped at the "send name" step.
Have Iphone and also a HTC Wildfire. Any hints appreciated.

Also at first service, 1000k, should I get the oil changed?

Back