stx 550 V9X wont rev past 2,900 rpm?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aulmine

Reaction score
Anyone help me out with my 550 V9X wont rev past 2,900 rpm in gear but in neutral it will red line? People have been saying possibly the SCV but don't know where to look for it? any help appreciated.

Are you sitting still or driving?

The amarok won't let you rev past that when your sitting still either. No Burnouts

Anyone help me out with my 550 V9X wont rev past 2,900 rpm in gear but in neutral it will red line? People have been saying possibly the SCV but don't know where to look for it? any help appreciated.

Need more info. As previous poster asked, are you stopped with the foot on the brake? Or running on the freeway at high speed, but not able to go beyond 2900rpm?

Sounds to me like limp mode.

I'm guessing because you haven't mentioned it that there is no engine warning check light on.

Even without the light on the engine can still go into limp mode. Do you have any smoke coming out the back or strange noises, or does it stall for no apparent reason?

The more info you can provide the better we can help otherwise it's all just a stab in the dark.

you can still drive it no smoke, no engine light, just wont rev past 2,900rpm but stop and put it in neutral and it will red line just under load no revs???

Blocked fuel filter is a very real possibility to investigate

10K's on the one on the left..clean as when top taken off

lucky if 1K's on the right..chocka with black crud..not slime

Removed tank and checked pickup, all line and replaced filter? In neutral it revs fine just under load not so good

What does a Diesel need to make power ?...remember they dont have a throttle plate ..as such

Finally got it on a code reader today it has come up with
P2100 Throttle Actuator ? can anyone tell me where that is on a V9X motor?
P0120 Throttle position switch I have removed and cleaned it seems all good
P2263 Turbo boost system??
Any help would be appreciated

On the ZD30 you can do a throttle position sensor relearn, which is to warm it up the let it idle for 10 minutes, haven't seen a manual for the V9X but probably works for that to. Worth a shot.

Latest posts

Back