STALLING

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think i might have a spare outboard primer, might just have to check to see if the original ends fit. was hoping someone used this simple solution!
Had to cut the steel bands that held the original check valves so i could put thw nissan ones in, used a couple of tywraps and it was sweet

The only real problem was that both ends on the marine replacement where straight, one end on the nissan original is a 90 degree elbow, the check valves where even the correct diameter to fit the marine replacement bulb

i think other than that the hose size was even the same

Just make sure you get it the right way around because of the check valves

I’ve noticed mine seems to be worse in the cold. Overnight, needs to prime. Drive to work early am, needs to prime if the ute has been sitting for a little while. Doesn’t seem to need it if sitting for a while, but warmer (over about 12-15oC)

My guess is something to do with the fuel being warmed and the coldness then reducing pressure in the tank and sucking it back.

I’ve noticed mine seems to be worse in the cold. Overnight, needs to prime. Drive to work early am, needs to prime if the ute has been sitting for a little while. Doesn’t seem to need it if sitting for a while, but warmer (over about 12-15oC)

My guess is something to do with the fuel being warmed and the coldness then reducing pressure in the tank and sucking it back.
Doesn't make any difference in mine. it's stalled after driving for 2 hours, then left for 30mins, or left overnight and cold(brisbane)! going to go with connaught's method, i have a spare new outboard primer that looks close to fitting!

Doesn't make any difference in mine. it's stalled after driving for 2 hours, then left for 30mins, or left overnight and cold(brisbane)! going to go with connaught's method, i have a spare new outboard primer that looks close to fitting!
When the primer bulb went in mine it was a lot worse and a shocker to drive as well. Would misfire from about 1300 rpm until after boost came on.

might have solved the issue, didn't cost me a cent. found a new outboard primer in my box of tricks. My only concern is it's probably not heat rated, considering it sits close to the engine, time will tell!

Attachments

• 20210625_081313[1].jpg
    20210625_081313[1].jpg
    932.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210625_082453[1].jpg
    20210625_082453[1].jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 8
Had to cut the steel bands that held the original check valves so i could put thw nissan ones in, used a couple of tywraps and it was sweet

The only real problem was that both ends on the marine replacement where straight, one end on the nissan original is a 90 degree elbow, the check valves where even the correct diameter to fit the marine replacement bulb

i think other than that the hose size was even the same

Just make sure you get it the right way around because of the check valves

How long have you had the outboard primer installed for?

How long have you had the outboard primer installed for?
About a month, just rebuilt the engine, was one of the problems i had after sitting in pieces for 2 years,

Sold the car tho😁😁😁

Sold it to someone i know so i will let ya know, but the marine primer bulb was 10 bucks, i can put 22 in before it costs more than nissan genuine

Remeber it has to have some heat resistance, i am sure there are outboard installs that would get warm arpund the fuel supply,,.... aaaannndd in the old nav its tucked away at the back on the 'cold' side of the engine, i have personally had my arm jammed down there changing an oil filter on a warm engine and its not too bad ( filter was distressingly warm to the touch though)

Plus it would have cool fuel flowing through it most of the time

Last edited:

I had a issue after replacing fuel pump, air would suck fuel into tank, put an electronic pump with a non return valve fitted into it. Fitted where pipe comes out of fuel tank, wired to oil pressure sensor so when ignition is on will prime. Makes changing filter easier too. Took about an hour and $30 to fit

I had a issue after replacing fuel pump, air would suck fuel into tank, put an electronic pump with a non return valve fitted into it. Fitted where pipe comes out of fuel tank, wired to oil pressure sensor so when ignition is on will prime. Makes changing filter easier too. Took about an hour and $30 to fit
did you fit just a normal low pressure pump?

About a month, just rebuilt the engine, was one of the problems i had after sitting in pieces for 2 years,

Sold the car tho😁😁😁

Sold it to someone i know so i will let ya know, but the marine primer bulb was 10 bucks, i can put 22 in before it costs more than nissan genuine

Remeber it has to have some heat resistance, i am sure there are outboard installs that would get warm arpund the fuel supply,,.... aaaannndd in the old nav its tucked away at the back on the 'cold' side of the engine, i have personally had my arm jammed down there changing an oil filter on a warm engine and its not too bad ( filter was distressingly warm to the touch though)

Plus it would have cool fuel flowing through it most of the time
when you think of it, all the extra wiring we run around the engine bay, not to mention all the plastic fittings, zip ties etc, none of that stuff would be heat rated. makes me feel more confidant the bulb will handle it ok!

Yeah, somewhere around 3 psi, really cheap has been fitted for few years and still works fine.
that's a good remedy, considering a lot of us are have priming/fuel flow issues. Naturally, we want to fix the issue, but it's a good fix if we can't!

Latest posts

Back