Spot what's wrong here..

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black_Outlaw

Reaction score
Done by a workshop in Bunbury apparantly..

601485_10151975821591052_2068908345_n.jpg

Oh thats shocking, apprentice maybe?? even if it was its still a shocking stuff up.

G'day.
That is the new way to do it. The method will take a little while to get to the Eastern states, but don't worry, it will happen.

Unbelievable.

Whats the story behind it. Was it your truck or mates? You think it would be picked up in a road test. In fact not even out of the driveway that something was amiss. There would be squealing and grinding like no tomorrow.

When I first saw this I thought to myself "what kind of idiot ..."

But now I have to wonder if some mechanical workshops allow school students on "workplace experience" programs to work on the cars unsupervised and uninspected?

How can any workshop even contemplate doing that and letting the car out?

Sorry for being an "idiot" but could someone post a picture of what it should look like

The problem does not stand out to those of us with no idea

OMG
Just realised that the pad friction material is not abutting the disk
WOW
They call that metal to metal

OMG
Just realised that the pad friction material is not abutting the disk
WOW
They call that metal to metal

Metal to metal is when the friction material is completely worn away and the pad backing is touching the disc. That there is just plain stupidity, considering they have the other one on correctly. Unless it was done as a "funny" photo......

I'm thinking that the pads came in the packet that way were lifted out without thinking and inserted the same way. Naturally you'd get one right, and the other completely ballsed up.

This is one of the reasons why so many car dealerships (Nissan is NOT the only one) are required to follow a recipe for repairing or maintaining vehicles. It's little moments like these that make me thankful that the manufacturers do insist on the recipe!

The D40 manual that I have (specifically for the 2005 Euro model) clearly shows which way to put in the pads when replacing them, with step by step instructions.

:shooter:All that expertise for only $120 per hour. Great.
And now they need a cook book to work on a car...
I wonder how some of these peanuts get to work without there mums let alone work un supervised...

Latest posts

Back