snorkel noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mad possum

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I've had my genuine nissan snorkel a while now, and been wondering does anyone have any tips on how to reduce the noise coming up the thing? is it the ram or turbo making the noise?

Hey mad possum snorkel noise is pretty much standard with any snorkel. Just have a look where it comes into the engine bay through the inner gaurd, mine is a gen snorkel but they had not fitted the bolts to join the inner gaurd pipe to the engine bay pipe ,it was making a terrible sucking noise. i sealed it and fitted the 8mm bolts they forgot and now its just the normal snorkel induction noise.

Cool, I'll check it over for leaks, but I fitted it myself so hopefully I did a good enough job so nothing is loose now. Going to fit bigger tyres soon so the engine will rev less on the freeway and hopefully be quieter. Also going to fit some sound insulation to the firewall area, anyone done that successfully?

If you ever see the arb catalog it specifically states that the snorkel will increase induction noise next to the d22 version. It is interesting, no other car I have ever driven with a snorkel is so loud, kind of annoying, makes it seem the engine is really struggling. If you have any luck let us know.

Mate I love the snorkel sound especially with the k&n apollo it's even louder! To be honest any type of ram style cold air induction will always be louder then stock, it seems like you are going to abit of an extreme trying to sound proof it somewhat.. Save yourself time and money and do what old mate said turn you tunes up! Haha

I put one of those foam pre cleaner sox on mine.

It's a win/ win because it quietens the noise and pre cleans the air on the way in.
To clean the sock just wash in petrol and coat with light oil.
fj

Latest posts

Back