snapped rear sway bar?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie.lyons

Reaction score
Hey guys I went for a hit in the dirt and heard some clunking looked under me car and noticed tothe right sway bar I think its called that runs to the rear diff under the leaf spring snapped not the diff end the end that its welded to the chassis anyone had this problem.

I can't upload photos to the thread pics in my pholder,ill try to load it to my avatar

Can you email the pic ?

Ill throw up my Navara.asia email address, gotta find it first. Haha.

Mmmmmmm,( scratches head )its a funny one but at the same time pain in the ass lol.maybe for towing stop duff swaying? Bloke use to tow.I really got no idea also.

I agree with dave, def not standard.
If your just using the ute for normal use like the rest of us just get rid of the whole setup.
its almost like they were trying to make some sort of 4 link setup nut with leafs????? mmmmmmm got me stuffed why they would of bothered.

As mentioned that is def not factory. To me it looks asif they were slowly heading for a coil sprung rear. Maybe to stop diff wrap when taking off. Got me buggered though. When and if you find out let us all know. The fact it is welded to the leaf mounts I would be very careful about it.

Rusty

That's a rear trailing arm.... same as u see on all coil fitted cars but I can't see what advantage there would be in your case as there still appears to be quite a few leaves in your spring pack as well..... Maybe the previous owner was 1/2 way through converting it to a coil rear end :)

Now that would be a great mod in these utes + a better ride as well

Question is what should I do know lol?keep going with his mod,or can I pull em out all together,what to do what to do??? Was hoping on going away on the 13 th.

Maybe try contacting the previous owner if possible. My guess it would of needed to be engineered etc so someone would have to know about it

They look like tourqe bars. common in America they prevent axel wrap (look on you tube). if you do any 4wding i would get rid of them as they hang down to low. but as rustynav said you will have to be very carefull with the original part of the spring hanger. give it a good going over.

Back