Re-mapping ECU and diesel-power module question with new car...?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terra88

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just bought an 03 Navara that apparantly had the Ecu remapped? It has a 2 1/2 dump and pipe and custom water/air cooler setup and was apparantly remapped to suit.
It also has a diesel-power module (not a DP chip) that after looking at all the wiring today I found that the wire wasn't even connected to the pump and the red wire wasn't connect to power on the ecu , but to another wire. I had a look at a instal guide on this forum and wired it up according but not sure if if made any difference. (no smoke or higher EGT's even when adjusted to max setting.

Does anyone know if a factory ECU can be remapped and if so would the module make any difference? Also how can I tell if the module is working?

Many thanks Lee

Does anyone know if a factory ECU can be remapped and if so would the module make any difference? Also how can I tell if the module is working?

Many thanks Lee

do a search on the remapping the ecu subject...its been talked about here on a few threads,

as for if the remapping and module is working...put it on a dyno.

YES it can be remapped tho yours being an '03 model I think it a case of actually removing and replacing the ecu (eeprom) chip from the pcb, but the better option is to get a chip kit.

why yours is remapped and has a module is ????????

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back