Perth - List your 4wd tracks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4 ST-R

Reaction score
Hi everyone. As you know there are plenty of tracks around Perth and its surrounds that are good 4wd areas. The thing is that not everyone knows about them or where they all are.

I am always looking for new places to conquer, and I'm sure everyone else is too. I thought I would start this thread so everyone can list the 4wd tracks that they know, and maybe give it a little write up.

So reply here with your 4wd spots....please!!

I was down at Waroona Dam a few weeks back camping with my brother (he has the cruiser) no hard core tracks just a bit of fun with the kids and a weekend away from home. In saying that ...... we managed to get both cars bogged at midnight after a bottle of jacks. Ended up walking back to camp and returned in the morning to dig them out.

Attachments

• IMG_1157.jpg
    IMG_1157.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1158.jpg
    IMG_1158.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1159.jpg
    IMG_1159.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 318
Wilbinga is always good fun in the dunes. I like to fish there for Taylor

I like the power lines track. Especially after some rain. If you haven't been there then check it out. It's a good challenge and usually a few other 4wders out there on the weekend too.

Has anyone been 4wding at Hervey weir/dam? I was there 2 years ago and drowned my first Nav (bottle o Jacks might have helped) but I've never tried any tracks there. What's it like?

Been to the power lines heaps. Its a good track but you can get sick of it quickly. Always better in winter when you have some puddles to go through

Harvey is good heaps of tracks some easy stuff to your extreme stuff but it is also easy to get lost in there as well because of so many track

Thanks bigkev. I've been there a few times, but mainly drinking and fishing. That's where I drowned my last Nav 😥. Where abouts do you enter the area? Is it around the weir?

Hey nah we enter off big tree road which is off Mornington Road
which I think it is the first or second left after wokalup if you are coming from Harvey some nice hills out there I broke my front axle on one hill about 3 months ago now which sucked put me out for the whole weekend but one hill you should look at but would not suggest going is bobs hill it is one of the only hills the 4wding association will not touch as is is only for extreme cars as it is all big rocks my uncle put his range rover on its side about 8 years ago now and it has only got worse

Hey nah we enter off big tree road which is off Mornington Road
which I think it is the first or second left after wokalup if you are coming from Harvey some nice hills out there I broke my front axle on one hill about 3 months ago now which sucked put me out for the whole weekend but one hill you should look at but would not suggest going is bobs hill it is one of the only hills the 4wding association will not touch as is is only for extreme cars as it is all big rocks my uncle put his range rover on its side about 8 years ago now and it has only got worse

That sounds awesome. Thanks for the directions. I think I might head down for an overnighter on Monday just to check it out.

My Lokka arrived in the mail on Friday, as well as 2 new CVs, so Bobs hill it is. Haha. Well I will have a look anyway. Any exact reference point or special directions to find it?

While you're in the area there's another couple of tracks you'd probably like.
These are a couple of my faves,rather challenging when wet but dry is a bit easier.
If you go up myles road (comes of mornington to the north) and turn left onto the power line road and follow that up for awhile there's a track that comes of to the left and goes up a rather rocky rutted hill.
Also another one of to the right.
If you want some more specific instructions let me know.
Cheers Craig

While you're in the area there's another couple of tracks you'd probably like.
These are a couple of my faves,rather challenging when wet but dry is a bit easier.
If you go up myles road (comes of mornington to the north) and turn left onto the power line road and follow that up for awhile there's a track that comes of to the left and goes up a rather rocky rutted hill.
Also another one of to the right.
If you want some more specific instructions let me know.
Cheers Craig

Awesome, thanks for info. Il have a look on the maps and if I can't find where your talking about then il hit you up. My Missus flys out tomorrow to visit family for Christmas, so two weeks of "man time!!"

Awesome, thanks for info. Il have a look on the maps and if I can't find where your talking about then il hit you up. My Missus flys out tomorrow to visit family for Christmas, so two weeks of "man time!!"

Sounds dangerous 2 weeks of whatever tickles your fancy :victory:

The tracks aren't hard to find you just gotta now where to look.
Won't take much to point you in the right direction, there's a good camping spot there too.

Sounds dangerous 2 weeks of whatever tickles your fancy :victory:

The tracks aren't hard to find you just gotta now where to look.
Won't take much to point you in the right direction, there's a good camping spot there too.

It's gonna be a good two weeks anyway! I've twisted my mates arm and he is keen to check it out Monday. How do I find the camp spot?

When I am down there they have little camping areas off the main track we find one that's not getting used then we just roll out the swag and we are ready

myles road road I think I have done that one in the wet it was scary a lot of big hills had my Navara side ways going down a hill sliding in the mud I did do it right in the middle of the wet season tho

Another track, not listed here. I went for a drive a couple of weeks ago to have a look about. I came across the Julimar forest. Off Julimar rd near Chittering, up towards Bindoon.

There are soo many dirt rds through there it would be easy to get lost. I was in 2wd most of the time. Nothing strenuous or testing about the tracks at all.

I then stumbled across a "play area". There was low lying creeks crossings, big ruts, some undulating terrain and a few mud runs. I've read that there is supposed to be a hill climb around too, anyone ever seen that?

If you have a few hours spare and don't wanna do the powerlines again, then go check this place out.

Attachments

• image-3199534702.jpg
    image-3199534702.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 121
Yea the 4wd club took me here for a trip they called it mud flats because on the way there it's all muddy but it's easy to get lost if you take the wrong track and this hole when a couple of the guys did it about 6 months ago e water was up to doo handle hieght and it look more full now

Hey Kev, do you reckon you could find it again? Or at least point it out on a google maps pic? I tried going back to it at the end of my drive and I soo could not find it. It was a pretty massive area too.

Back