Performance mods D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you guys enjoying the thread so far?

• YES

Votes: 159 93.5%
  • NO

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters
nice man! did you get your bullbar sorted? looks like it's sitting better than when I saw it. or can you just not see the gap in the pics properly??
looks good with the spacers too! the pics make me wanna go to fraser!

Haha nah the bar sits the same but I can live with it for now.. as for fraser mate we had a sik time there plus we had really good weather not too hot either.. the spacers help heaps but I did have some bucket contact on really big bumps but other then that not a drama both utes held up nicely

How did you go in the very soft stuff surely the 20 inch rims would not bag the tyres very well?

Mate I didnt get stuck anywhere and the ride was great.. I let the pressure down to 20psi and had about 300mm wide foot print. The only time I had to use 4wd low was on the way from eurong to inskip in high tide with very soft sand but again never got bogged.. surprisingly the 20s are very good but if you do alot of 4wding it would prolly be better to run 16s with a nice big all terrain

hi bud, hope all is well. Ive got a question about your Apollo filter and hard piping. Apart from the mounted MAF sensor ive also have a small air/vacuum? tube that pushes into the stock hose after the MAF. Did you replace that when you went hard pipe? thanks mate

hi bud, hope all is well. Ive got a question about your Apollo filter and hard piping. Apart from the mounted MAF sensor ive also have a small air/vacuum? tube that pushes into the stock hose after the MAF. Did you replace that when you went hard pipe? thanks mate

Yeh mate I tapped it into the hard pipe

Did you ever happen to do up a list of exactly what pipe and bends/silicon you needed for intercooler/airbox Upgrade?

Ok so I have installed the LuxLift body lift kit in the navara today. After following a few steps on other threads I ended up doing it myself. Step 1. Removed engine cover Step 2. Loosened all body bolts slightly Step 3. Start on one side of the cab and remove all the bolts Step 4. Have a trolly jack with a piece of 2x4 or wood block and jack up the car near the front pinched steel where a car jack would go then jack up to fit the blocks in. Step 5. Insert the new bolts and washers the same way (Best check all bolts are correct and fit them in make sure your lined up) Step 6. Then take one by one out and put thread locker on each bolt and torque off until you are happy :) nice and tight but not super tight either.. Step 7. Basically do that to the other side. Step 8. The tub gets done after it's basically the same steps as the cab. (If you lift cab first you will hit your cab because of the lip) The original bolt sizes were 17mm to the cab bolts and 14mm to the rear tub bolts. This kit had some discrepancies in both the bolts and blocks. One of the rear tub blocks I had to re-drill a bigger hole to allow for the rear tub locating sleeve and also cut down 2x cab bolts under the front doors half thread to be able to fit them in. I also noticed that 4 of the blocks could have been bigger then 50mm in diameter as the 50mm was about 20mm shy of existing mount point. It doesn't bother me if it passes the mod plate assessment just don't want to have to replace the kit.. This took me about 3 hours all up I also had to modify my intercooler hot pipe as mine is all hard pipe to allow for the new height. I will ad some photos of the bolts and kit etc..

Attachments

• image-2266039293.jpg
    image-2266039293.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 121
  • image-3081570943.jpg
    image-3081570943.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 123
  • image-117734093.jpg
    image-117734093.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Here are some pics also so you get an idea I put a 500ml V can in there

Attachments

• image-1443779714.jpg
    image-1443779714.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 186
  • image-1217552622.jpg
    image-1217552622.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 168
  • image-473641915.jpg
    image-473641915.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 149
  • image-1033892319.jpg
    image-1033892319.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 168
  • image-4087130779.jpg
    image-4087130779.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 140
I was gonna say, looks like you dont even need to lift it from the last photo.

Im seriously considering doing a body lift with a Zordo kit. Probably just 1" body lift though.

I was gonna say, looks like you dont even need to lift it from the last photo. Im seriously considering doing a body lift with a Zordo kit. Probably just 1" body lift though.

Yeh now I just have to book it in for a mod plate.. It's worth the money for a very quick 2" lift

Awesome job, nice work. Now that you've got the air box out and put the K&N filter in, do you think there is enough room to fit a dual battery??

Latest posts

Back