Patrol shocks in d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samcubus

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been hearing all these people over Facebook saying that 2, 3 and even 4 inch patrol shocks can fit the nav and can provide more flex.

My question is has anyone done this here? I have cal uca's so was thinking of swapping my tough dogs out for these patrol shocks and keep the tds as spares and even go up to 3" and add some shackles.

Anyone done or heard of this before?

Onemofo? Nathand22?

Cheers guys.

Yes you are right there is a great deal of discussion on this topic on some of the FB pages, however:

What you need to do is measure the length of your axle bolt to chassis bolt (where the shocks bolt to) with the leaf pack flexed and compressed. These 2 reading will let you work out the open and closed lengths of the shock you can fit in. I would then go to a shock manufactures' website and look up the open and closed lengths of their shocks and match it accordingly. From memory Patrol bushes different to Navara bushes so this will need to be taken into account.

Going off what someone else has done is very "hit and miss" For example, they may be running 2" extended shackles and a standard leaf pack where you may be running a 2" leaf pack and stock shackles. There could be up to 5" of flex difference between these 2 setups even though they "should" give roughly the same lift.

What I have done in the rear of my Nav is 2" leaf pack( medium rate tuff dog - 350kg constants), 3" extended shackles and I take the shocks out when I get to the tracks as they limit my flex. You don't need them if you are doing slow crawling

Thanks Dylan, makes sence.
From memory the brand they are flogging online (navaralife4x4) are dobinsons and apparently they bolt on.
Thinking I might just keep my tough dog 2" for now and chuck extended shackles in for now.

Would rather wait till I get the diff drop and go up in shock size then.

Remember that our ifs is limited on travel anyway. so they aren't using patrol shocks up front. Only supplying Navara front shocks and patrol rear shocks. Using patrol rear shocks you require to change the bushes from the 22mm patrol bushes to 16mm Navara bushes and also use a washer to space the shock off the mounting pin to stop chassis contact. Why bother if it's such a big effort when you can buy Navara shocks that'll do the same job?

Up to you. But I'd suggest chatting to John(Zordo) before committing as he just supplied me with some shocks that aren't standard Navara issue but are extra long travel and slipped straight on without mods.

Rusty

As mentioned above why bother I run 3 inch bilstiens all round from the states but if I have mine time over I'd go through zordo just to keep my money is oz u could not meet a nicer bloke zordo is very easy to deal with

Latest posts

Back