facelift 140kw timing chain reliability?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericcs

Reaction score
i'm curious to know if the 140kw engines also have timing chain issues like the earlier 126kw engines?
my son is looking at a 2012 st with 150k on the clock. (my 2006 stx has 350k up, and still running strong, touch wood)

i'm curious to know if the 140kw engines also have timing chain issues like the earlier 126kw engines?
my son is looking at a 2012 st with 150k on the clock. (my 2006 stx has 350k up, and still running strong, touch wood)
I've got a 2013 VSK with 250+ on the clock. Knock on wood she's been fine.

Like I've said before though, I bought it with a full service history and have continued to do Oil every 10k and Fuel filter every 2nd service.

Only real issue I've had is the injectors being clattery / noisy, although (I know I'm going start a whole argument here) I add 80-100ml of 2 stroke oil to a full tank of fuel and has made them whisper quiet!

I have a 2011 VSK 140kW with 255K on the Odo, still original timing chains. Oil change every 5K filter every 10K. My research tells me that the standard cam chain is double row and the Fuel and Oil pump run off a single row chain.

I have a 2011 VSK 140kW with 255K on the Odo, still original timing chains. Oil change every 5K filter every 10K. My research tells me that the standard cam chain is double row and the Fuel and Oil pump run off a single row chain.
That means it has been updated? wasn't the issue with the D40 YD25 where the cam chain loosened up and smashed valves?

I recently figured out that mine is the 'face lift' 140kw version.. obviously 60 of those 140 must have fallen out somewhere.

That means it has been updated? wasn't the issue with the D40 YD25 where the cam chain loosened up and smashed valves?

I recently figured out that mine is the 'face lift' 140kw version.. obviously 60 of those 140 must have fallen out somewhere.
Mine is stock, I haven't physically checked it, but I'm pretty sure it came from the factory with a double row cam chain. Although I could be wrong.

Mine is stock, I haven't physically checked it, but I'm pretty sure it came from the factory with a double row cam chain. Although I could be wrong.
pretty sure the cam chain is single row, the upgrade kits are for double. This is what I remember..

Latest posts

Back