Only Happens in 4 Low

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a update with mine....recently ive fitted a high flow SCV from a bloke in malaysia...you can find him on facebook under the name albert supermotor..its essentually a genuine toyota SCV (the long one)with a adapter plate to fit most late model CR*diesels.im*not sure about the high flow part except im guessing its just rated to a higher flow than the stock nissan/dmax/hilux/colorado ones..
Well as it turns out its totally fixed my 4x4 low issues in my 08 manual*kingcab.im*on the beach right now and its perfect....in every gear 4x4 high and low...no stuttering in any gear at any rev*range.im*pretty happy!! If anyone has any questions, im more than happy to answer and or direct you to albert in malaysia. from memory the kit was under $300 and if your due for a new SCV anyway its a great fix for the lumpy early nav.

SCV regulates the fuel that goes into the fuel pump... thus adjusting the pumps pressure also i believe..very important part...

It actually caught me by surprise this morning..i had totally forgotten about my replacement scv..i have been speaking to onother member about a software update that works on a thai with this problem...but the new scv works a treat

If you go down a flat normal street in 4th gear low range does it cough & splutter still post SCV upgrade?

Also, I'm interested to see if the new SCV has any impact on fuel economy at all?

I was wrong....on the beach again today and its back to normal...im going to do a ecu reset and test it again tomorrow tho.as it was perfect 2 days ago.

O.k so its not doing it now tho....the only thing i can think of it now a temperature diffrence betewwn yesterday and today...im thinking temp and the ecu torqe limiters..........

So i plugged in my maf sensor chip which fools the ecu into thinking the actual air temp is 1°c isnstead of the 30°c it actually is here today and its back to stuttering in 3rd gear..unplug and its fine....the other day i was tested it it was probs 20°c (stuttering)and today 30 ish and its not...more temp testing required i believe.
Its got to be a low to mid range air temp fuel map error.high temp when the fuel gets trimmed back its smooth as silk in 4x4 low

Did anyone ever come up with a fix for this issue.
I'm another with the same problem, shocking surging when in 4lo 4th. I havent actually tried it in 5th so will give it a go. Bloody frustrating as mine is in 4lo most days.

Latest posts

Back