Oil Filter Removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaSmeg

Reaction score
Hi guys, bit of an urgent one here, while the wife is on mataternity leave thought i would save some bucks and drop the oil myself, problem is the oil filter has gone through 2 filter straps! any ideas on how too get the friggin thing out, the only way i can think of is too gut the filter and rip it apart bit by slow friggin bit, oh its on a 08 d22 2.5cr, any thought and ideas appreciated

Yd25 motor doesn't have the same filter setup as the zd30 so there is no square drive in top. I have a filter clamp it has like 3 claws and it grabs the ribs around the outside if through filter. I have had no dramas with it. If the filter is tight it will squash the filter like a coke can but it will get it off.

Goodluck

I came across a strap that is made up of bike chain pretty much and it got the bloody thing thank god

Good stuff. Straps just don't cut it. Need something to grab the filter not slide on it.

no shit there Rusty, my arsehole was getting tighter and tighter there for a bit espescially since the filter was starting too look like road kill

I had to do a filter change on the wifey car and used the claw design it was on so dam tight it was completely mangled by the time it came off.

See a picture of the claw type wrench on Western Filters web site. $10 @ supacheap or $40 odd for the Kingchrome jobby.

When all else fails punch a screwdriver through it, Makes a mess but desperate times call for desperate measures. I use a chain type tool at work works like vice grips with a chain

As has been mentioned before in another thread on this subject....
the remover with the three fingers and 1/2 inch drive socket will do the job or the more expensive tool as in the sockets that actually fit onto the end of the filters...you can get them in sets also from egay for example.

:cheers!:

Bloody was tight, i dont think i could have used the 3 pronged one with ratchet fitting at the top, but like i said the chain strap was a winner grip and rip :)

As has been mentioned before in another thread on this subject....
the remover with the three fingers and 1/2 inch drive socket will do the job or the more expensive tool as in the sockets that actually fit onto the end of the filters...you can get them in sets also from egay for example.

:cheers!:

lol "egay" haha

I had the same problem , the book on the 2.5 says something about taking the filter block off, I then gave up .I have never seen a filter on so tight , thought I was doing something wrong !

Latest posts

Back