OBD2 for Nav

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to get torque app to work with a 2004 Zd30?
I tried a universal scan tool with obd2 and it didn't read.
Besides ECUtalk are there any other options for the obd scan tool that will pair with my vehicle, that will also allow android or iPhone apps?
Cheers

Is it possible to get torque app to work with a 2004 Zd30?
I tried a universal scan tool with obd2 and it didn't read.
Besides ECUtalk are there any other options for the obd scan tool that will pair with my vehicle, that will also allow android or iPhone apps?
Cheers
Nope. Because they aren't obd2 compatible, the generic scan tools won't work. The only option is ecutalk or a nissan consult scan tool...

Probably won't see the 2004 ZD30. The range quoted on the site looks to be overseas models. Don't forget that Nissan sell the cars to America and Europe first, and what Australia gets is the dregs put together from spares they've not been able to flog in the service departments around London, Paris and San Francisco. The stuff we have over here is YEARS behind.

My 1977 Jaguar had climate control. My 2009 D40 has a cooler. I'm surprised I don't have to add dry ice to it every time I fill my tank.

I doubt an Australian 2004 ZD30 will talk OBD2. As said, ECUTalk or a Consult device will be needed. There are cheap ripoffs of the Consult device available through Alibaba (and no doubt elsewhere), but any decent mechanic will have a reader that should at least be able to get codes and clear them.

G'day all, does the torque app display turbo boost when connected to a D22 with the YD25 ?
I only have the trial version, but it doesn't display boost on mine. I also have diagnostic and monitoring software on a laptop and don't get a boost display on there either. As far as I'm aware, the yd25 in the d22 doesn't have a boost sensor anywhere on the motor, which if it doesn't, won't have an ecu parameter for it, meaning it is unable to be monitored.

I've got the paid app and it hasn't worked previously for me but I didn't really try that hard either. When I was setting up displays I went through the list and only tried the ones highlighted in green, meaning the ones with active inputs...

But I did a bit of reading on it last night and the app uses a bunch of senses including MAP/MAF to calculate boost, so I don't think its very accurate. Like the way it calculates instant fuel economy, another thing I haven't got working yet.

Timmo_821 what did you have to do to get yours working? Were there any settings you had to change or did you just set up a boost gauge display and it started working?
Also any luck on instant economy?

I'd second you woody, as the boost only works when driving, not when I'm sitting in the driveway...like you said it was a matter of selecting the green highlighted opinions, mine is the paid version.
Cheers Tim

Had a bit of a play yesterday afternoon. I've got the boost gauge working and the instant economy appears to be doing something but I don't think it's very accurate at all.

I had high hopes for the app but now I realize I probably won't even be bothered to use it that often anyway. My size 13 boot hits the transmitter every time I go to use the break pedal too which is a PIA haha

What sort of boost readings are you guys getting? Just out of interest. I have a mechanical boost gauge, so have no use for this, but just wanted to see how accurate it is...

Latest posts

Back