Noise at 1200rpm due to EGR Mod?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan04

Reaction score
G'day. When my ute is revving at exactly 1200rpm, I hear this rattle/vibrating noise, which seems to be coming from the intake pipe, on top just before it goes down to EGR pipe on drivers side.

As i rev up to 1300 it becomes quicker and then stops at 1300. Does it when still and driving through gears at that same RPM.

I am pretty sure it started after i washed the engine bay with degreaser and water.... anyone have any ideas?

Cheers, Dan.

Last edited:
sorry, its the ZD30. Forgot to mention, that i have blocked the EGR pipe, but havent got around to changing over the hoses etc, if that helps..

Thanks

If i do the butterfly/swirl mod properly, will it stop the valves from opening, moving or vibrating?

Found out my problem.... the bolt that bolts the bracket from inlet pipe to somewhere on the motor, where the EGR pipe starts was loose and vibrating at those certain revs.... :suicide2:

Here ya go mate. I ended up putting a weight on my accelerator pedal and held it at the exact RPM that it makes the noise, then starting grabbing hold of everything to find what was vibrating.

Gook luck mate.
Dan.

Attachments

• 11032011298.jpg
    11032011298.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 147
  • 11032011297 copy.jpg
    11032011297 copy.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 146
Here ya go mate. I ended up putting a weight on my accelerator pedal and held it at the exact RPM that it makes the noise, then starting grabbing hold of everything to find what was vibrating.

Gook luck mate.
Dan.

Wow long time ago you took those photos for me and i never even noticed, a very belated thank you Ben!! :rock:

Im still yet to find out where the noise is coming from but i will tighten that bolt up tomorrow before work

Back