No turbo boost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok found it, all looks ok, was surprised to find that none of the hoses are held on by clamps, was a Lil worries to pull them off in case I couldn't get them back on. Is there a way to test if it is working correctly?

All of the hoses associated with boost control are in vacuum anyway, so they cant physically blow off like they can when boost is being used..

But that aside, try and pull them off :confused3: its like some little ninja got in there and rubber welded them to the solenoid.

Posted above..

I can see mine bobbing up and down at idle.. you should see that - and if someone pushes on the accelerator, you should she the needle pull up and down as it comes and go off boost..

Hi Black Outlaw,

just wondering when you had someone feather the throttle for you did the needle move faster as boost came on and then stop when they hoped off the throttle or did it stay at a constant speed?

Mine bobs at a constant speed?

Tim, under vacuum it should pull out further, thus changing the angle of the blades..

If it is just "bobbing" then i would suggest that the the vacuum controller is dicked..

I did read that if you put on vacuum line that comes from the drivers side of the engine directly onto the turbo actuator - and then give it a rev / quick drive.. Don't go stupid with it as there is no controller to stop it over boosting.. If this feels much better, then it's your vacuum controller needs replacing..

The actuator solenoid is a common fault. They can play up for a while b4 they go.

am yet to test with the vacuum line coming from drivers but if it does resolve the issue does anyone know where i can pick up another solenoid?

Tim, under vacuum it should pull out further, thus changing the angle of the blades..

If it is just "bobbing" then i would suggest that the the vacuum controller is dicked..

I did read that if you put on vacuum line that comes from the drivers side of the engine directly onto the turbo actuator - and then give it a rev / quick drive.. Don't go stupid with it as there is no controller to stop it over boosting.. If this feels much better, then it's your vacuum controller needs replacing..
Hey.. by vacuum controller do u mean the boost solenoid?

Assuming so.

I have a similar issue at present, but mine.. its definitely caused by a snapped small piece of hard plastic off the plastic vacuum tee on top cold air intake line.. i leaned on it.. then splintering and falling into the turbo compressor billet front wheel.
i couldn't see it when opening up for a look but now my turbos not able to spin up right. Im calmly trying to work out what to do,short of maybe a possible dissemble and clean front of turbo, wishing in situ.. if possible.

It was working perfectly right up til the moment i leaned on this plastic tee and snapped it off while leaning in to tighten a baffle clamp. Silly accident i regret !

It now has a brass t piece!!!
Plastics a stupid design for such a spot in the first place. Cheers Nissan!

I was thinking in mean time i might test out the d/s vaccuum to actuator you said, to rule anything else out.

I have a boost gauge in car, i am thinking i could actually hook a manual boost controller tee between that d/s vacuum and the wastegate & then in theory the boost wont overboost while test driving & will be controlled.

I have another thread trying to find out cleaning advice, so far running diesel turbo cleaner 150km ago to no avail.. yet.. as it cleans the exhaust side of the turbo etc.

I might take off the cold air again in a minute & plug on the d/s vacuum to the actuator trick & start her up.

This should make the turbo spin better than it is on idle, maybe while its doing that, first fire up my vacuum cleaner (not kidding, and try suck out the small obstruction) .. failing that.. my air blower (try blow out the obstruction)

Then repeat that with car tirned on with turbo intake still open, running and spinning.

See if it vacs or blows the obstruction free putting either one those close.

Then i'll go for small drive with the d/s hooked up to the wastegate.

I tried that once before for few mins, the day it happened.

It boosted like mad but yeh can overboost up to 30 max on my boost gauge and beyond, and i would say itd boosted better if there wasnt an obstruction, just the wastegate was allowing more boost to force the wheel to spin, it couldn't if it had to spool up from 0psi with an obstruction.

with a manual old school boost controller temporarily fitted i might be able to drive around normally without overboost & get to my damn job for once since this disaster, as I'm now broke and annoyed.

I had a perfect running setup before this happened on Fri morning.
The car hauled like a rocket & the turbo performance excellent from this i assume original garrett, boost guage was showing up to 21-22 always. Now i can barely boost up to 8, and at highest about 10-12 if really hammering 2nd gear to redline. :(

via a boost controller i might be able to temporarily get around and set it to 20-22psi & it may even clear the obstruction which is just a small bit of plastic. Fingers x'ed.

Latest posts

Back