Engine boost solenoid issue...?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btw97

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm from UK, own a 2021 np300. Pretty stock apart from cosmetic stuff and AT's etc.

Got a bit of an issue I wonder if anyone can shine a light on.

Basically about 6 weeks ago found the truck hugely lacking in power gears 1-3 and unable to hold a constant speed. Definitely not a DPF issue as I've had that before and its different. No warning lights etc, and error reader found nothing.

Local nissan dealer said I have a engine boost solenoid issue (?? not familiar with that at all) and they're ordering a part from japan which will take...12 weeks to come.

Can anyone translate what that means please?😅not sure if they're referring to turbo boost solenoid etc...cheers!

I'm not familiar with the np300, but did a quick search for an "np300 boost solenoid" and it seems as though they're available everywhere, so 12 weeks seems a little strange. I would have thought your check engine light would come on if it's faulty.
But if it's lacking power in gears 1 and 3 only, it could be your neutral position switch.
To test your neutral position switch on a D22, you just turn it on and the revs will increase slightly, put your foot on the clutch and change in to each gear, if the revs drop when you put it into any one of the gears then you've got a dodgy neutral position switch.
But I don't even know if the NP300 has a "heat switch".

Ah, yes.
I am assuming that yours is the twin turbo motor.
I had a similar issue with my 2016 D23. There is no warning light or on dash warning. The dealership will have plugged it into their wonderful little computer and the computer will read the error.
Generally, as there are 2 turbos and hence 2 turbo boost solenoids. It is drivable, though lacks power also, I am surprised that there is not 1 closer (in country or Europe)

While I have you, may I make a very strong suggestion (Not sure how many Kms you have on the truck), but on separate note as your vehicle is a diesel. I would strongly recommend having a reputable oil catch can installed. Trust me, it will save you money long term.

@fritz.fx Yeah I would have thought the same - not too much to in a position to be picky as its under warranty, the dude at nissan (who to be fair was a good guy) reckoned it needed some ECU programming as well after install...

@Edward.Hawkins correct sir! Yes exactly, mine lacks power to the points of being borderline dangerous when pulling out of a T junction and really really struggles on any form of hill.

Thanks for the suggestion! (30000kms) I'll look into that.

Very fond of the navara but sadly seems to pick up glitches extremely often, which is weird for a truck only 2 years old. (cruise control gone twice (Current issue) wireless bluetooth gone (Current issue) , Adblue fault (Current issue), weird vibration when idling, DPF issues, faulty oil sensor, faulty external temp...)

So yeah, I wonder if I got the friday afternoon batch😂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back