No power 3/4th manual 3.0ltr TD (help pls)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Westg

Reaction score
Hi new to the forum. Have problem with D22 3.0ltr TD 03. No power in 3rd or 4th gear. Just blocked off EGR and stumbled on the vac hose moods, made the changes but to manny beers to test drive. Should this clear up the problem. The problem was already there before I did the EGR mod, checked all hoses sensor connections, had a service. Oh and the motor is only 18 months old due to turbo letting go that was nice. Vehicle has 300'000klm on the clock, manifold all clean etc
Any help appreciated, thanks

unplug the Neutral position sensor.

to test if its broken use the heat switch in the cab then put it into gear (foot on clutch obviously) if the revs don't go down your NPS is rooted, you can just unplug it or replace it.

Pretty sure that was how others tested it anyway.

with the NPS if you flick the heat switch on, while your sitting there not driving in Neutral, the revs should go up. Put it in to gear with foot on clutch revs should drop while not moving. If this does not happen, its a 50 dollar fix.

Just tried running through all the gears revs not dropping ing 3rd & 4th so that the problem, thanks heaps guy.

Think I payed $70 for mine, cant remember.

Mine was fine, I had pulled a fuse and forgot to put it back in. Haha.

Pull the gearstick to the right while driving and see if it brings the power back.

How many km's out of interest ?

Latest posts

Back