D40 Stalling & Losing power

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NavNov

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,

I’m onto my second Navara D40.
My first I never had an ounce of trouble, hence why I bought another.

So, this one is a 2006 (56 plate)
Since buying it about six (6) weeks ago, I’ve already had a new clutch & Flywheel, bearings, rod ends, fuel filter, discs and pads, egr blocked

ok, the issue! When starting from cold, it’s spot on and drives spot on. However, once up to temperature this is where it all goes pear shaped! After gear changes there is no power! In 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th.
sometimes as I’m driving it just loses power and stalls! Then it won’t start!
I have to let it cool down a while.

like I say, the Egr has been blocked off and I’ve had a new fuel filter and re-set the ecu.

it’s a 2.5 engine, 56 plate.

I’m at a loss. And my garage is no good at diagnostics. There are no lights on the dash and I’ve even plugged in the computer when it loses power, but no codes.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Does it lose power in first gear at all, or only in the other gears? It would make me think it's related to the neutral position switch (which is a rare thing for D40s).

I suppose a valid test is to cause the car to fail, then slow, put it in first and see how the engine performs. If things go back to normal at this point, it's definitely the NPS in the gearbox. It is curious though why it only happens once the engine's up to temperature.

We had a similar problem with someone in a D22 and it looks related to the Bosch VP44 pump that had electronics go faulty when the engine temp rose high enough, but I've never heard of this with a D40 (different pump).

Back