No heating after exhaust being fitted...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodge

Reaction score
Just had my exhaust fitted got the car this morning. But I have no heat in the car now at all. They took the turbo off to fit the dump pipe on it first as its an absolute bitch otherwise... Is there something in that area they could have touched that would knock out the heat? Do the heat-core pipes run through there?

Hodge said:
Just had my exhaust fitted got the car this morning. But I have no heat in the car now at all. They took the turbo off to fit the dump pipe on it first as its an absolute bitch otherwise... Is there something in that area they could have touched that would knock out the heat? Do the heat-core pipes run through there?

Have you got coolant over the top of your motor? Pipes run over the turbo area

I mean incas they removed the line. You could be potentially losing coolant. Check it out quick incase you do

I mean incas they removed the line. You could be potentially losing coolant. Check it out quick incase you do

I'll check it out first thing tomorrow morning. But from what i've seen today, i didn't notice anything different than usual.

if they disconnected the pipes it may have an air lock in th heater.
make sure radiator is full of water.

can you hear the flap in the heater move when you move the heater knob?

if they disconnected the pipes it may have an air lock in th heater.
make sure radiator is full of water.

can you hear the flap in the heater move when you move the heater knob?

I'm tipping they probably would have disconnected them around the turbo to gain easier access to it. I'll have to have a look into it tomorrow.

Mine is the same.

The heater has always been shit since I changed the exhaust and opened her up.

Dave said:
Mine is the same.

The heater has always been shit since I changed the exhaust and opened her up.

Really? My heater burns the fuck outa the car

At 100km/h its good, sucks under that though. Even on full ball.

I am half pissed, so excuse me if I spell something wrong. Haha.

Had look this morning during daylight nothing seems out of the ordinary. All pipes are there, coolant is at Max. Hey tweak'e, which heater knob are we talking about here, the cold to hot lever ?

Someone correct me here if im wrong, heating pipes go through on the drivers side, above the engine dip stick, so they wouldnt have tampered with them. But the pipes near the turbo with the blue valve thingie, are air-con, correct ? Excuse the dumb questions but its all news to me lol.

Heater pipes run down the turbo side of the block on a zd30, Maybe thats why they thought they,d been played with, You have the 2.5

the turbo on the 2.5, is it water cooled?

it might be just the thermostat on those. bigger exhaust will make it run cooler.

eg in my toyo the factory thermostat starts at 88c buts is fairly slow to open and will be at 100c before its fully open. my aftermarket thermostat starts at 88c but opens quickly. engine now runs at 88c and the heater a lot colder than with the original thermostat.

point being is if the thermostat in those engines opens early, mods like bigger exhaust will make the engine run a bit cooler and that could cause your heater to be cooler than what your used to.

Ok. After a days playing around i can now add more to the story...
The heater does heat.... Eventually. And it takes ages to warm up. And it heats while im driving around, for example i'm on the ring road doing 80-100km/h. As soon as the engine doesnt do much work or if im standing idle for a while it cools down...
Funny.

The thermostat on the water pump might have stayed open letting the coolant run free in the engine not allowing it to heat up.
I would check that first.

Ok. After a days playing around i can now add more to the story...
The heater does heat.... Eventually. And it takes ages to warm up. And it heats while im driving around, for example i'm on the ring road doing 80-100km/h. As soon as the engine doesnt do much work or if im standing idle for a while it cools down...
Funny.

Mine is exactly the same. Been like it for years.

Well as of yesterday the heaters working again. I took more than a L of coolant added and a potential air-lock was unblocked and now all is well.

sounds like they didn't bleed it properly after having the turbo off... that's pretty average, but i guess it's almost common place these days. noone seems to give a shit anymore.

at least its working ok now, nice work

Latest posts

Back