new member intro STX550 stop light switch issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kgl71

Reaction score
G'day all,

We have a 2012 STX550. Love the car but over the years we have had an issue with the stop ligh switch not working
The indicator being the VDF light comes on and the anti-skid stops working.
We have previously had the switch replaced but the problem re-occurs every couple of years. Last time it reset itself. This time the VDF light has gone out but the stop light is still not working.
The biggest danger is that you have no stop light. The brakes still work.
Anyone else experience this as an ongoing problem? I did see on old post about this.

I had the problem with mine (brakes on the car worked, but no lights). I took the switch apart, cleaned it, problem solved.

The switch removes very easily (twist and pull, basically). It also comes apart easily, is easy to clean too (I used a small firm-bristled paint brush to brush the dust out).

Another possible problem is the trailer plug (if you have one). The electricians often just splice into the wiring loom (there's a handy one behind the left tail light) and unless they do a decent job, you could be left with issues. It's worth examining even if only to discover that it wasn't an electrician, but an ant that started a colony in there .... been there, done that!

G'day all,

We have a 2012 STX550. Love the car but over the years we have had an issue with the stop ligh switch not working
The indicator being the VDF light comes on and the anti-skid stops working.
We have previously had the switch replaced but the problem re-occurs every couple of years. Last time it reset itself. This time the VDF light has gone out but the stop light is still not working.
The biggest danger is that you have no stop light. The brakes still work.
Anyone else experience this as an ongoing problem? I did see on old post about this.
Thanks for the suggestion about the wiring of the tow plug. Will take a look at this. It seems a likely culprit as I recall this problem didn't start until we had the tow plug done. We have pulled the switch apart previously and that made no difference.

Latest posts

Back