nay foreseeable problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valdeb

Reaction score
2008 stx diesel auto, ARB lift kit fitted, nil worries so far. Want to run a set of 265.75R16 M/T. on steel rims. Will this upset the geometry or wheel alignment adjustment parameters. Done 17K kms so far and happy with most aspects.

Welcome to the forums!

That seems to be a fairly popular tyre size. It's a high-ish profile, might be worth watching how close the tyre is when the suspension is under near-full compression - you might get some rubbing happening.

Other than that, a wheel alignment is always recommended when fitting new tyres - just to be sure!

The Navara was designed with 17" rims in mind - here in Aus, they rip those off and put 16" rims. It's probably to do with the taller sidewalls being better for the rougher terrain (did I say "Dungog Shire Council roads" or rougher terrain? It's very, very similar).

Your geometry should be fine, speedo will be more accurate too!

Welcome to the forum mate.

being better for the rougher terrain (did I say "Dungog Shire Council roads" or rougher terrain? It's very, very similar).

Think there roads are bad, driven through Pokolbin lately (Cessnock council). I rate Singleton shire council as the best by far, I cannot think of one bad road that singleton shire council has to do with.

Tyres will be cool mate, will make your speedo more accurate to.

Dave.

haha

not too sure of the exact place, but where dad works at a mine in central WA the gravel road he travels on is hard and solid so he's doing around 90km/h with his trailer (3t gross) on.

as soon as he got to the mine site road (tarmac) it was so rough he could only do around 10km/h and then one of the axles snapped!

its so bad that trucks which drive through have lost loads by the items just jumping out of the truck, lol. there were around 10 44L (40L?) drums of grease lost and the driver didnt even know! dad also while travelling found a 10L drum of brake cleaning fluid so that was a bit of a freebie, haha

when the axle snapped he didnt know until he saw one of the rear trailer tyre's heading for the bush, LOL

Welcome to the forums. That's a popular tyre size to change to, you should be ok, maybe a bit of 'massage' but nothing major.

Latest posts

Back