Navara d22 pressure build up In cooling system

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my case, the temperature gauge is reading normal temp, the coolant is being forced up into the reservoir and is then overflowing. The top hose coming off the radiator is alot hotter then the bottom hose. I'm thinking that I may have a blockage somewhere or its the thermostat. Any ideas would be appreciated! Cheers.

Hi, firstly sorry for the slow reply, the thermostat is located where the bottom radiator hose returns to motor. It bolts up from the front and is a bit of a bitch to get too. But you symptoms sound the same as mine and it turned out to be a very small leak in the head gasket between cylinder and water jacket... If you pull it down it would be worth getting your head checked, it is possible to have a crack that only opens up when bolted down and hot, ie operating temp.

Last edited:
Any results mines doing the same. It's blocked between the 2 hoses can't even get pressured water through. Only not long replaced the head

Latest posts

Back