Lrft

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowy_snowden

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Recently picked up a 145l long range fuel tank for my 07 D40 diesal, the only dramas is the tank is actually out of a petrol V6 D40.
Just wondering if anyone can see any dramas using it, i plan to swap out the pick up and pump with my current tank.
Cheers
Snowy

No problem at all. If it's MOSTLY dry then just fill it with diesel and off you go.

There are those that add a little unleaded to the diesel. It changes the burn characteristics of the fuel. Unleaded burns very rapidly, diesel is quite slow (long burn = more time to produce power = more torque). Add a little fast-burning fuel and the horsepower increases. Add too much and you can cause damage to the motor.

The small amount left in the tank after draining it (thoroughly) won't be "too much".

Tony, I hear too much of wrong fuel can damage the fuel system and the injection pump but a little bit won't harm like you said... Should I try put in maybe 1 litre of unleaded fuel into tank with 79 litres of diesel. Would that be too much? Would that give me a bit of a more kick? Just curious. :hmmmm::hmmmm:

i would not recommend pouring in petrol into diesel.

100ml into 145 tank is nothing but 1l into 70 litre tank can be a problem long term.
with the old diesel it was a common trick, but the new low sulfur diesel doesn't have much spare lube to get away with watering down the diesel.
small amounts of petrol in diesel is probably the worse situation as it increases wear and is pretty much unnoticeable.

Tony, I hear too much of wrong fuel can damage the fuel system and the injection pump but a little bit won't harm like you said... Should I try put in maybe 1 litre of unleaded fuel into tank with 79 litres of diesel. Would that be too much? Would that give me a bit of a more kick? Just curious. :hmmmm::hmmmm:
Tried this trick in my 15 year old (purely mechanical inj.) Rodeo, it did make a slight difference but there is no way i'd be trying it in late model diesel.

I hear 2 Stroke oil in the tank does wonders for economy, extra power, engine & fuel system longevity.....

check out the thread....

thousands swear by it

:cheers!:

I hear 2 Stroke oil in the tank does wonders for economy, extra power, engine & fuel system longevity.....

check out the thread....

thousands swear by it

:sarcastic: krankin your a shit stirrer....... but i like it.... nothing wrong with stirring the pot every once in a while....... or every day :teeth:

Last edited:

We are all going to need extra tanks soon, with all this crap that people add to make things run smoother, better, quieter and give more power the second tank will be used just for the "super additives".

You'd reckon refineries would have cottoned on to this idea by now and started selling "Super Premium Extra Special Diesel", kind of like outboard mix but for diesel engines with all this shit already added into it.

They'd have to advertise it on the net only though because people don't believe half the shit they see on tv but the net is honest. They'd make even more of a killing than they already do if they marketed it right.

you can get systems like that already. tho most are geared towards big rigs.
it injects oil into the fuel line depending on fuel flow etc.

they already do market "special" diesel.

Latest posts

Back