lol i cant get it out.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
g'day guys problem is i just cant get it out..

your prob thinking what is he on about right about now ..

my tow ''the bit that slides in to the tow bar'' i bought a recovery point hitch for the tow bar and be bugged if i cant the the nissan one out .. took the pin out found there was also a bolt underneath as well that we had to drill out the head snapped off .. did all that any its just plain stuck WD40 it and nothing tied it to a tree and slow driving tension nothing.

its just plain stuck..

any ideas ????
:rofl2:

Probably rusted together in the hitch receiver, or a combo of rust and dirt/grit. Happened to the work D40 (2007) model that had had plenty of dirt pickup and some rust in the throat.
Solution was a good deal of lump hammer action and WD40 or similar + about 30 mins of work to remove the stuck hitch.
Good idea to keep the hitch and receiver oiled up to reduce the problem or re-occurrence.

If you remove the spare wheel you can get to the back of the tounge as the hole goes all the way through ... spray it then insert a steel ber and wack away at the center....

what they all said, plus and this sounds a bit stupid, leave all pins etc out hook a empty box trailer on and drive on a bumby road till trailer falls of back of car, preferably trailer needs flat spots on tyres, its up to u if you use saftey chain or not if not dont forget vidio camera.

i had the same with mine.. was a heap of sand in there from previous owner being slack i think..

tried most of the above (except the box trailer, did try the 2 ton boat with the brakes on.. just pulled the boat)

ended up with a tree trunk protector + tree + lots of towels wrapped around it + low range.

Some will argue that might not have been the best way to do it.. but I was desparate. Obviously I made sure no one was around, the tree was solid etc etc. DONT do this unless you are confident .

B

I had this same issue last month. I reckon a build up of fine dust + water makes a mortar type mixture, that once dry 'glues' the bits together. It took me approx 30 minutes to get mine out - soaked with WD40/CRC and got a length of metal rod and a hammer and bashed it out from underneath.

thanks for the input guys i have got under the car and try to smash the center out but it would not move at all...

what would i heat it up with ?? cheers

FIRE!!!!!

But really, an oxy torch or the likes. Do you own a gerni? If so stick that in the other side and try to get some gunk out, then spray a heap of WD40 on both sides. Wait about 15mins and soak it with WD40, Tie it to a tree and get a SMALL amount of tension then "tap" each side with an 8lbs mallet and keep the tension up.

If that doesn't work. Find a parked Hilux, any old one will do (although new would be better), and stick a "disposable snatch strap" aka shit load of cheap rope on and both tow balls and drive like fu¢k! Ohh and video to see if it went into their tail gate.

Haha alright I'll give it ago I don't own a oxy tho so I will have to try the other way cheers

The trick is to heat the bar but not the hitch, that way it expands but the hitch does not. Let us know how you go.

ohh and please try the hilux thing...

Thanks for your help guys

I ended up taking the whole toe bar off the back
Left it up right for 2 days sprayed it with alot of wd40 hoping it would soak threw.

Put the bar on a couple big bits of fire wood put a old tow ball hitch on the other side with the help of a sledge hammer smacked it out still dint not come out easy but I got there in the end .

Now I'll clean it and put it back on, who would of something simple could be a pain in the ass.

Oh well I'll now keep an eye on it for the future cheers.

FIRE!!!!!

But really, an oxy torch or the likes. Do you own a gerni? If so stick that in the other side and try to get some gunk out, then spray a heap of WD40 on both sides. Wait about 15mins and soak it with WD40, Tie it to a tree and get a SMALL amount of tension then "tap" each side with an 8lbs mallet and keep the tension up.

If that doesn't work. Find a parked Hilux, any old one will do (although new would be better), and stick a "disposable snatch strap" aka shit load of cheap rope on and both tow balls and drive like fu¢k! Ohh and video to see if it went into their tail gate.

would love to see this

Suprised you didn't suggest heating it up with a hair dryer dave..... our d40's are suppose to come with one in the glove box arent they....

Latest posts

Back