Liqui Moly Diesel Purge Injector Cleaner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4BYFOR

Reaction score
Hey guys thought I would share this with everyone as my experience has been fantastic.. So I had a feeling my injectors were either dirty or damaged so I did a little research and found some stuff on the net.. Supercheap stocks this product for around $17 I also purchased clear tube for 15bux and had the fittings at home. So I used the whole can (500ml) to do a straight clean and by passed the fuel filter directly into the engine. When you have about 10mm left in the can you turn the car off and reconnect the lines then primer the fuel lines again. This is safe to run straight into the engine also go through the rev range a few times to open the injectors up for a better clean. Here is a vid on my FB page..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10203465806068499

Last edited:
Yes I have used the oil cleaner just before doing an oil change, found there was a significant difference if how the car felt,

I've used this a few times now. The first time there was a def improvement, even the idle seemed to be a tad smoother. Done it a few times since just as preventive maintenance. highly recommend if you have some high kms on the clock.

G'day

I use the fuel Dr that a few mentioned on here every time I fill up. Is it still worth doing this too? I have 160000 on the clock

cheers

i was using fuel Dr every tank before i did it. The ute already had over 160,000kms on it when i brought it so I dont know if any injector cleaner was used at all before that but.

I have used fuel dr as we'll but the boost and clean Liqui moly does is good stuff too I have put it in my last 2 full tanks and got 30kms more out of both tanks same driving style.. As for the purge it's defiantly worth it, time, effort and bits and prices you need to do it makes a difference.. The engine runs a lot smoother and starting is first turn of the crank

I had a look and it deems there is 1 line off from tank to fuel filter. Another from fuel filter to what I think is pump. Then it must go off pump to fuel common rail. The the bleed off line in the fuel rail must return somehow to a 3rd line which seems it returns to tank.

The first 2 lines are 9.5mm 3/8 line and the last one which I think is return is only 1/4".

Ok lads

Having said that, does that make it a waste of time using fuel dr then? Or is it just hedgin all bets to do both?

Cheers

Still need to keep the injectors clean. Fuel Dr in tank refills is still good to do. This is just a purr purge system which is just a hardcore cleaner

Ive taken a stab at just pouring the bottle in the tank of fuel. Ran the car for 10mins then the wife took the car. I usually watch her drive down the rd which contains a series of speed bumps and a slow turn. Usually it puffs a bit of black smoke when accelerating off the speed humps but this time it was clean. Its still very early days but i will still be doing a pure purge when i get another bottle or 2. I have a mate mechanic coming to make sure i use the correct lines so i dont dry the pump out and root it.

I will be doing a to do post on this and may even include a youtube clip.

Rusty

Ive taken a stab at just pouring the bottle in the tank of fuel. Ran the car for 10mins then the wife took the car. I usually watch her drive down the rd which contains a series of speed bumps and a slow turn. Usually it puffs a bit of black smoke when accelerating off the speed humps but this time it was clean. Its still very early days but i will still be doing a pure purge when i get another bottle or 2. I have a mate mechanic coming to make sure i use the correct lines so i dont dry the pump out and root it. I will be doing a to do post on this and may even include a youtube clip. Rusty
Nice work man maybe if you come to bellthorpe we can sus out the lines :)

I just did my first "shock treatment" of Fuel Doctor on a full tank of Vortex Premium diesel yesterday. Might be wishful thinking, but it seems to accelerate alot smoother off the line and idles a tad quieter.

But you are supposed to do 2 tanks of "shock treatment" (250mls per full tank) and then 25ml per tank after that.

I just did my first "shock treatment" of Fuel Doctor on a full tank of Vortex Premium diesel yesterday. Might be wishful thinking, but it seems to accelerate alot smoother off the line and idles a tad quieter.

But you are supposed to do 2 tanks of "shock treatment" (250mls per full tank) and then 25ml per tank after that.

When i first found out about this product i spoke to the reps at the 4wd show. They said to use one shock treatment cause the car had low klms. My guess anything over 100k would need 2 shock treatments as mine only had 40k on it. I use 100ml per tank as i have a long range tank in of 125L capacity. They also told me that getting the fuel dr measurement right wasnt critical as it just lubricates it more etc etc.

Latest posts

Back