knock underneath car

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooba_285

Reaction score
i have had this really annoying knocking comming from under the drivers and front passenger feet, it only happens when i turn right on a bumpy corner (with a bit of speed), feels like something is definatly hitting the body, have checked the body mounts and there tight, cant see anything that would cause it, any ideas? could it be the upper control arms topping out?

scooba, my car has just recently starting doing the same thing. keen to find out what it is

Mine has done a similar thing for a period of time. I am suspecting body mounts. Get under the car and actualually have a good close look at the paintwork around the mount and see if the movement has "cleaned" the area around the mount. On mine it has. The bolt for the mount is still tight to the point that I can't get it undo with a standard socket set but I think that the rubber has lost compression and is allowing the movement. For the time being mine has been resigned to the too hard, not annoying enough, too expensive basket.

My d22 does the same thing even when cruising on a highway at 100 around a bumpy corner, i thought it was the upper control arm bushes. They are very soft and can be moved with a flat head screw driver. Im keen to find out what it is!!

Mines only 12 months old an already doing it! Mine does it both left and right

Mine does it every now and again as well. Standard feature of the d22's by the sound of it.lol

I think Scottar might be onto something. I can see one of my b/mounts has been moving. Tried doing it up and couldnt budge it. Might get the rattle gun onto it..lol

Mine was doing it on the right hand side going around bumpy left hand corners after only 1000kms. Dealership replaced all the body mounts under warranty.

did that rectify the problem?

Yep fixed the problem. But i'm coming up to the 20k service now and I'm starting to hear it again on extremely bumpy left corners when offroad.

Going to need to get them checked out again as I looked underneath and they still seem in alright condition to my untrained eye.

i didn't think it would be the body mounts as the feel of it seems to be coming from the center of the car, towards the gear box area

i didn't think it would be the body mounts as the feel of it seems to be coming from the center of the car, towards the gear box area

Mine was a knocking sound that I could feel up through the floor and drivers seat. It almost sounded like the wheel jack was loose behind the rear seat and bouncing up and down on bumps but I went for a drive with nothing behind the rear seat and it was still happening.

Yours might be a different issue but it sounds very similar to the problem I had.

I have just noticed a knocking sound after installing my lift kit and it's looks to be the passenger side CV as the last owner has cut off the turn no more stoppers. Hopefully it's not to much to fix

Could it be the exhaust mounts coming loose ? Mate had a similar thing after his exhaust got fitted. Very tight under there and after the turbo its very close to the firewall and his one was slamming against it on bumps and sometimes after he plants it a little bit.

I still have the issue, have checked alot of things, i can only narrow it down to 3

1st Exhaust rattling on chassis

2nd Upper Control arms bushes

3rd Faulty body mounts, probarbly shitty rubber used on the bush, what i noticed is inbetween the rubber and body there is a 1 mm gap doesnt sound like alot but everything tells a story.
Nissan declined my warranty because off the wheels and offset of rims that i have, they also went on to mention the ome suspension but i told them the body mounts are top of chassis up and has nothing to do with the suspension. They seemed to think that it doesnt. dumb kunts

I have a 2010 D22 with exact same issue also. Mine is booked for body mounts to be replaced under warranty tomorrow...hopefully fixes the issue! Will post results once I get it back.

Cheers,

BB

mine does it when turning left and under power, usually between 65 and 100. I have been told by nissan that they cant find the problem, but if I was wearing a blindfold at work I wouldnt see anything either.

Latest posts

Back