Just need some help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayglez

Reaction score
Recently I've bought a 1997 D22 4x2 Dual Cab, running a KA24E, just wondering if any one else has a d22 with the same motor and if so if they have found anyway to increase power as it seems quite a gutless engine?

Good luck with that, like trying to turn iron into gold...

you could start with an exhaust system and extractors I guess, snorkel as well but the gains will be insignificant, only going to forced induction will you get significantly more power.

Yeah, I had the same opinion was just hoping there was anything else, a little less expensive

What vehicle are you coming out of? The KA24E is not a bad powerplant as Japanese utes go. Petrol power without crazy fuel consumption. There are a lot of hop ups available from the US because there are ka24e engines in the 200sx or something. Do your usual NA petrol mods - tuned length pipes, minimise intake restriction, long stroke kit etc.

Maybe engine conversion to vg30 or vg33. Apparently they are almost direct swap. I haven't done it but someone has I'm sure. Or ad stated forced induction, tuned length pipes, long stroke, etc. Goodluck

VG30 and VG33e are still pretty shit though, nothing to write home about except you can't kill them.

Maybe engine conversion to vg30 or vg33. Apparently they are almost direct swap. I haven't done it but someone has I'm sure.

Transmission, ecu, wiring, engine mounts, exhaust are all very different, an involved swap unless you have a whole donor vehicle sitting there to strip parts off.

Heres an article in the latest street machine.

A budget vg30 that makes 300kw. unopened engine,26psi running on gas.

Attachments

• vg30.jpg
    vg30.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 83
I'm looking at getting a 2.5" exhaust system for the KA24E I've been quoted about $400 what do you all think?

I have recently had the exhaust replaced new 2" sports exhaust + extractors now I'm looking at the best way to minimize air flow restriction, any tips would be great.

Also recently put a hiclone in

Hey guys, sorry for the bump but I'm looking at doing a swap to either a KA24DE or a SR20DET anyone have any tips on to which may be the better alternative both cost wise and the amount of work involved

I have recently had the exhaust replaced new 2" sports exhaust + extractors now I'm looking at the best way to minimize air flow restriction, any tips would be great.

Also recently put a hiclone in

You could start by removing the Hiclone.

At the moment I am running a KA24E the vehicle is my daily get around plus toy.

The Hiclone actually made a positive difference in performance.

Maybe the engines starting to get a little tired? do u know history on the motor? rebuild could probably do wonders for an older motor.. if you have the time and another car to use while its out of commision

The motor was owned by an old bloke, when I first got it home I did a quick service, fuel filter, oil filter and oil. None of it looked like it had been changed since 1997.

At the moment I am running a KA24E the vehicle is my daily get around plus toy.

The Hiclone actually made a positive difference in performance.

Do these Hiclones actually work? I have read a bit about them but never spoke to someone with it in? ..... Thoughts?

Well I've found the Hiclone to have made a major difference but in saying that there were a few other things done at the same time so it's hard to tell what difference the Hiclone on its own has made.

Back