Janowen 24th, 25th, 26th feb.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im pretty sure the ran is eased off for friday. but i may be wrong. a lil mud just makes it a lil more fun. for you guys with the lockers :p its just not fair. come on Eaton bring out your E Locker

Called them up about lunchtime today and owen (the owner) said the sun was shining and they only had 8mm of rain in the last 2 days. The forcast for the park is a shower for sat night but sunny for the rest of the weekend.

Cant wait to get the car dirty :)

will be there round 9:30am Sat morning - looking forward to gettting into the fun stuff lads!

bringing a mate whos into photography so he'll be snapping away practicing some action shot stuff.

Lj

not sure if everyone knows how to get there but if you check out this link

http://baysideoffroaders.com.au/training/Directions to Janowen Hills 4WD Park.pdf

it has some good directions. i have never been there but as we are planing on camping at the second campsite i would only refer to the info on how to get to Inverramsay Road then enter the park and head to the second campsite as per gonzo's satellite image a few pages back http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=11989&page=13

maybe someone who has been there can clarify this so i . . . we all dont get lost

See you all there this weekend

Last edited:
Man, I'm so jealous of y'all! I'd love a weekend of camping out there!

Have awesome fun, make sure someone bends a panel on my behalf!

Hi Gents,
Went to this park about 2 weeks ago and a good time was had by all, beware the black soil if you get any rain whilst at the park it will have you sliding into the nearest object before you can remove the seat cover from your clenched buttocks. Be sure to hit the play areas, from a hazy memory one is the gymkana and the other is the quarry, you may be able to still see the oil slick from my mates hilux front diff at the quarry. Will try and post a short vid off the diff break.
James

We'll be going back Josh. Next trip will be Landcruiser I think so will be closer for you as well!

I'll leave the bending of panels to Gonzo or Luke, I get into trouble if I do that.
Give your snake a pat for us, :confused2: lol

Leaving home now. Wonder if I will be first there. And its not a camping trip if it doesn't rain a bit

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

Yep Bryce

Up over Cunninghams gap turn right at the reviver Driver on the right then follow the road to the left till you get to the Church then turn right follow the road and you will see the camp on the right and then the office on the left. Can't miss it :)

Wow, 3.30pm. leaving home now, its PISSING down. We just rang Janowen and the owner said it has only been overcast with the odd shower. The range must be stopping the rain hey? See what happens tonight though, lol

Heading up early early tomoz. What is everyone doing for lunch Saturday? Are we taking it while 4wding or we going back to camp for lunch?

Well i tried to go, got nearly to beaudesert and the roads were flooded, already had come across a few others that i had to detour around. Now this meant i'd have to head back towards Jimboomba then browns plains and across towards ipswich....long way around.

So before i did that i called The 4wd park, They have closed the 4wding and are only allowing camping. Owen was heading down to refund the 4wd fees to the ones already there. Seems the boys got a bit of rain there last night. So headed off home, shame I was looking forward to it.

So if you haven't left yet, no point going.

Yup, rained out. Really nice spot tho. Future muster spot..... Maybe :)

Tried a few hills, just too slippery out there. Even one lad with lokkas didn't get anywhere. Oh well. Next time when dry will be great

Latest posts

Back