Is this an unusual canopy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe2006

Reaction score
I saw this yesterday & it is something I had not seen before.

I felt a bit of a dick taking the photo & had a quick closer inspection. I saw a name but immediately forgot what it was (SUV Options????).

Maybe it is more common than I think?

I hope the owner is not a forum member because he might be upset that I took a picture of his car :unsure:

Attachments

• Image0215.jpg
    Image0215.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 193
Razorback I believe.
http://steelcanopy.com.au/navara.html

Their claim to fame is they use a steel construction which can handle more weight, (you can lift the rear of the car with a crane strapped to the canopy). When I was looking they were outrageously priced due to the claims of extra weight and how much stronger they are in an accident. However while the weight on racks is acceptable the actual strength of such items in any kind of roll over is fanciful at best.

Personally I think they are worse than yours Woody. I did look at them when I brought mine and while they might be stronger they definitely aren't built as well as others and they don't fit as well. That side window is also one of the worst designs I looked at. Each to their own but the so called benefits of a steel canopy were quickly outweighed by the downsides for me.

Looked at one at the wandin 4x4 show a couple of years ago,had a roof lining like the inside of a car.

Oops Woody's online I best behave myself. I'm sorry sir I was only taking the piss cause I thought you weren't here to stick up for yourself...it's the only way I know to do it :ha:

Yeah saw one of these at a show. I thought it looked good.
At least it wouldn't rattle to pieces like the Flexi-Glass crap I own.
What a sad design, ok it is better than 1990's models 2.5 years old, BUT it's still crrrrrap!
(bought with the car 2nd hand) Never again.

Latest posts

Back