Intercoolers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stepho_62

Reaction score
Ok, my turn to pick u r collective brains

Who owns a D22 2.5l CR and has changed their intercooler????

Mine is leaking and its full of crap. In the process of cleaning it out it evident that the top mounting bolts have become loose and its started to flog the aluminium mount to death. This coupled with some muppet attempting to clean it at some stage or other and having bent every fin in the entry (top) side and im just about over the stupid thing.

Denco Deisel at Wagga Wagga sell water to air but this is an expensive solution (potentially a couple of grand) and means yet another heat exchanger in front off the radiator.

Please let me know your solutions.

Regards A

Someone mentioned on here only a few days ago about cross country in Adelaide doing a upgrade cooler for them. I have a cross country i/c on my zd 30 and its a quality piece of kit

Bumped, bumped, bumped :)

Anyone else? Still looking for a aftermarket D22 2.5l intercooler

Kraftypig? Any ideas?

:blingbling:

Also heard that cross country intercoolers having fitted a larger cooler topmount to yd25 d22. I'm provably considering if it has a thermo fan mounted

Hi.

I found a place called Frozen Boost in the states. Google them and see if they have anything you can use. They do a barrel cooler like the PWR one pretty cheap. Check them out its an option anyway.

Cheers

Hi.

I found a place called Frozen Boost in the states. Google them and see if they have anything you can use. They do a barrel cooler like the PWR one pretty cheap. Check them out its an option anyway.

Cheers

That barrel kit looks like it could be a really good set up

Jarryd

If those are the prices it looks like the way to go. They have heaps of shapes that could almost replace the air cooler. Then just add water.

Got a reply back from cross country intercoolers. A new intercooler kit will be released in the next 2months for the yd25 d22. Unsure of whether its gonna be top mount or front mount but most likely will retain the factory top mount setup.

Come on I want to order one and then a water meth intake kit

:confused3: WTF

SEE BELOW!

Hi Adrian

Thankyou for your enquiry mate. We dont currently build one for the 2.5l Navara, although it is something we will be doing soon

Stay in touch we should have one developed soon

kind regards Jon

:confused3: :confused3:

This is what I got below

Hi Russel
Thankyou for your enquiry mate. We dont currently do a kit for the 2.5 D22, we will be releasing a kit soon. I would say in around the next 2 months or so
Stay in touch, it wont be much longer
Kind regards Jon

Lets hope they get something going cause I need better cooling.

Let's hope they come through with a top kit. Intercooler and water/meth injection will be going in at the same time. Should keep the egt in check. Also allowing me to add a little more boost and fuel.