Intercooler hose blown off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashy06

Reaction score
Took off from McDonalds, blew intercooler hose prior to Intercooler.... Put back on and resumed trip but hose was inflating like a balloon even when revving it stationary...
Now car only gets to 10psi max but still feels like it makes max boost.šŸ˜

What's going on?

maybe there is a blockage in ur intercooler

Took off from McDonalds, blew intercooler hose prior to Intercooler.... Put back on and resumed trip but hose was inflating like a balloon even when revving it stationary...
Now car only gets to 10psi max but still feels like it makes max boost.��

What's going on?

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
Just wanted to see if anyone else had this happen to them??

have you also checked the connections to the turbo wastegate or sensors. it may be reading it is overboosting cause something is loose. meaning its only showing 10psi boost but maybe its really pushing something higher and blowing the hose off.

surely someone else has had a hose blow off and will fill you in

Found a problem the hose that goes from the intercooler to that sensor thing was all cracked and split so that fixed the boost problem.. The only trouble now is the turbo has a wine now but still feels like it pulls about the same and boost is back to normal.. I am thinking that the computer was getting a reading from the sensor which like my boost gauge was showing was only 10psi so it must have been spooling way higher am I right in thinking that??

Also I just want to ask if your car is idling an you give it a rev does the intercooler pipe expand up like a balloon???

Back