I am !@#$%^& pissed.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Na I am with BSA/Silcar.

Work by myself, most jobs I have done in a day was 87.

I am payed per job not per hour, so when I work I just go flat stick and my breaks are driving to the next exchange.

I have about 15 exchanges I do.

I do Maitland exchange all the way to Singleton/Cessnock and sometimes Hamilton (2 MDF's), New Lambton, Wolf St, Mayfield and occasionally I cover Wallsend, West Wallsend and Wallsend Hut.

Only do the Newcastle ones when other guys are off plus my usual area.

So yeah if I say I am busy I am really really busy.

Dave.

Sounds like the big T took a leaf out of Telecom New Zealand's book. get more blokes than you need to do the work and put em all on contract and see who the hungry ones are!

Ex Telstra myself ( I was one of those people who dropped a whole load f grief on you guys when you didn't do the job right) but found more interesting things to do after I left in '95. Beside being a phone tech usually doesn't get you out of a speeding ticket know what an unmarked car looks like front and rear can, and having the bloke who's about to start writing finally remember who you are works a treat......Of course not being caught speeding is the ideal solution

A little off topic but I will say my quality of work is second to none.

I am being paid and I do the job right, the first time and everytime.

If I dont work I dont get paid.

The only Telstra guys who have pride in there work these days are the blokes in there 50's who are on wages. But then again I have seen them run the LI to the X block on a level that is convenient.

As soon as AWA's came in some of the Telstra guys who could only do 2 jobs a day can now do 10 jobs a day. They never solder the jumpers and alot of the time miss the ring on the frame.

I have also seen alot of dodgy work from other contractors aswell.

Personally I dont see the point in going to work if your not going to do the job properly.

Dave.

A little off topic but I will say my quality of work is second to none.

I am being paid and I do the job right, the first time and everytime.

If I dont work I dont get paid.

The only Telstra guys who have pride in there work these days are the blokes in there 50's who are on wages. But then again I have seen them run the LI to the X block on a level that is convenient.

As soon as AWA's came in some of the Telstra guys who could only do 2 jobs a day can now do 10 jobs a day. They never solder the jumpers and alot of the time miss the ring on the frame.

I have also seen alot of dodgy work from other contractors aswell.

Personally I dont see the point in going to work if your not going to do the job properly.

Dave.

I'm with you, if someone pays you to do a job you have a particular set of skills for then bloody well do it, it shits me to tears having to constantly battle with shoddy workmanship.
I'm a sparky & take huge pride in my work, to keep on top of the quality of work is priority for me, got a couple of good tradesmen on now who are doing things the way I like it and things are going far better for it.
The only problem I have is competing on cost as to do it right takes time, which some others just don't allow for.

Good luck with the springs, maybe you can disconnect their phones if they don't come to the party

Update I went and seen them this morning, got there before they opened.

Anyway I told the chick the dilemma. She was apparently shocked, blamed the supplier.

Anyway she didn't ask to check to make sure I was right. (Enough for me to know she is a liar)

She told me she will get the right springs from the supplier, I said no as I had already given them a chance and they couldn't do it right the first time.

She said she will see if the supplier will take them back, I said not my problem and its his or your problem.

So I will ring her tomorrow and wont take no for a answer.

I rang my usual mechanic to get some new springs fitted in a few weeks but he cant do it anymore and he is finishing up friday.

Will be sad to see him finish up.

So Ill put up a carton for a mate to give me a hand. Dont trust any other mechanics since Anthony is finishing and I wont have the parts in time.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back