Help me spend my money!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay so to start this afternoon I went out and got a lifter pump this is the shit I bought... Carter P4600HP and all necessary fittings.

I read that this takes alot of strain off the lifter pump in the VP44 and that makes it more responsive etc so I thought why not.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just wondering where to mount it... What do you guys recommend, In the photo where ive marked is where I want to put it, its on a Right angle bracket.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The instructions for the pump say to not mount it more than 24 inches above the top of the fuel tank... So I'd say where I want to mount it is okay then?

Just kicking an old thread. Where did you get the carter 4600 from. They are well priced on tyre net and it would be perfect for my needs. Need to take strain of the factory lift pump which is gonna get a hard life with the 125l tank behind it.

RustyNav

just bumping this thread.

also i have found in my studies online the YD25 motor still uses the vp44 pump in the system. correct me if im wrong. but if i put the Carter 4600hp unit which has around 7psi behind it this will make my car run smoother and also keep the fuel cooler cause of the fuel cooler on these cars. which in turn should give me my fuel economy back and also drop some of the black smoke im getting when it starves for fuel?

Rusty

just bumping this thread.

also i have found in my studies online the YD25 motor still uses the vp44 pump in the system. correct me if im wrong.
Rusty

only the old yd25 (pre 2008) found in the D22. not sold in AU and only in 2WD in NZ.

if you have the VP pump then you will not have the fuel cooler.

so would you recommend installing a electric fuel lifter pump? i hate getting stuff wrong and dont wanna blow the motor.

definitely worth putting the lift pump on... the throttle response gain you get is amazing... always plenty of fuel on tap

Had a talk to a few reputable diesel mechanics and have asked about the yd25 fuel pump and it being sufficient for 2 filters. Was told if it doesn't have the vp44 item then there is no point. The yd25 pumps are pressured high anyway so it is sufficient

definitely worth putting the lift pump on... the throttle response gain you get is amazing... always plenty of fuel on tap

Hey sleator- is your lift pump wired with a kill switch or safety switch?

If you have a decent bender and the fuel lines get cut after the pump I would expect diesel to be gushing out until the tank was empty.

Cheers

Ive seen his setup and i dont think there is any safety cutoff n the system just run off the ignition.

No there is a kill switch in the engine bay and about to put a kill switch in the cab for it and the thermo fan on the intercooler

Latest posts

Back