Heat switch not working.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe what Dave needs is someone who will respect the Nav...looks like Dave's turning to blokes!

Krafty am going to do the same thing with aux/ usb socket ran the wires when i did my uhf install. Just left them tucked under dash till i go into bcf and get the socket, the kids have all got ipods and wifes iphone made sense to have a usb socket in car

Dave's probably off now looking for Mr Right!....and going to have something to say when he comes back tomorrow :big_smile:

It's a good idea having USB power and when websites sell aux/USB ports for about $5 it's easier than trying to make a USB charger.

Ebay might have such things but check out places like deals direct or those other "bargain" websites. I can't remember whether it was COTD or deals but I recently saw (and wished I'd have found earlier) a 3 aux 1 USB 4 in 1 socket thing and it was being ripped off for about $5. It's cheap stuff but the bonus is that it comes with the USB circuitry and a port attached to the board.

Dismantle the casing, re mount the USB portion and buy a Jaycar dual Aux connector for $12 (because it has decent cables and a decent inline fuse) and you can mount them just about anywhere. I can't pull mine out to show you the wiring method now because they are screwed into the console (saves pulling them out when removing plugs) but with such an item it's simple enough because all you're doing is replacing the existing 12v leads with your own feed.

Have a look at dealextreme.com. They sell heaps of electronic stuff and free postage. Currently waiting on a pair of earphones I bought from them....

If you really had a type you wouldn't have said yes all those other times.

As if the tractors could compete with the salons at such a prestigious event.

Speaking of tractor's. I wanted to borrow the Kubota yesterday. Had to mow the lawn.

Piss orf, if I couldn't have it to mow mine today and had to fight with the mower because the grass was so thick (can anyone say lazy bastard who couldn't be stuffed mowing grass over winter) then there is no way you are getting it :ha:

Na the neighbour put the grass in that grows anywhere.

Its coming into our yard.

The shit is the hardest stuff ever to cut.

Mine was all clovers and stuff so it was like mowing the garden, that shit holds moisture too, even though we've had a week of sun and wind and virtually no rain the shit still clogged up the mower because of the water content in it. I swear I'm going to turn Greek and concrete the whole place.

^ Not a bad idea.

There is a house that I drive past every few days, that has the whole front yard concreted.

The upside is no mowing but the downside is the outlay for all those concrete status isn't cheap.

About 5 years ago on one of our trips to Perth we found a whole town of fake grass. I think it was Murray Bridge or there abouts and all the nature strips were fake grass, no idea if it's still like that but it's something more councils should look into to save home owners mowing council grass.

I was going to start a new thread but found this one, anyway, I leave my car run for 10ish mins every morning before I head off , heat switch on. Try to do the same before I leave work.
Today when I pressed the heat switch the revs hardly moved, could only hear the engine slightly speed up. I kept trying it while I was stopped in traffic but no good.
What I tried next was , I turned on the heat switch, and while in neutral, I pushed the gear stick to the right, left , forward and back.... Everytime I did this the revs went up(but not as far as usuall with the heat switch on).

Is there a sensor somewhere in the gearbox for the heat switch that may wear out over time or whats going on?
Car runs fine otherwise. Thanks

Latest posts

Back