Heat switch not working.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dave

Anyone had this happen ?

Thought the NPS might be !@#$%^, but nope.

Changed that today and still not working.

Tip for anyone doing the NPS, undo it from inside the cab.

Will check this in the morning as I have a tonne of work, looks like the energy drinks are gonna be needed.

check its pluged in.

otherwise check engine is not to hot and the idle switch on the accelerator is working.

hey what is the purpose of the heatswitch? i noticed it there when i installed my lightforce 240s and im just wondering what it does

sorry im not even sure if we are talking about the same thing..

Mine's stuffed too - but haven't bothered fixing it. Pretty sure it broke when I was stuffing around with the switch for my spot's - I should just buy a new one but...meh.

diesels dont like the real cold, you use this switch when is ice cold and it briings the idle up, sort of like a choke.

bryan

Oh ok, so when its real cold in early morning or late at night turn it on? How long for though is it just to help the motor warm up quicker? Is it bad not to use it?

I've never actually used mine. Fully aware of what it does, but never bothered with it. And we get the odd cold morning here in Ballarat!!

we often use it when jump starting other cars. just like the old idle up.

now and then i've used it to heat up the engine while i de-ice the windscreen. heats the engine up fairly quickly. not to sure how good it is on the engine.

Will check out the wiring diagrams.

Its handy for winching to. Charges the battery.

Speaking of which, there's another job.

Fit my Premier winch.

I only half did mine the other day. Pulled the front carpet out to access the gearbox from the top.

All back together now though.

I vacuumed my ute for the first time in two years yesterday. Also did some final tests and preps for the trip across the country. Car's been washed, vacuumed, dusted, checked and tested now I just need to check the tyre pressures and the car work is done for another 12 months.

Lazy prick.

While I had the interior out I gave the centre console a good clean.

Some mole spilt coffee on it a while back and I couldn't get to every nook and cranny.

http://www.armorall.com.au/Content.aspx?id=94

^ That shit works good. Not to good for your skin though, think I lost a layer of skin on my fingers.

Not lazy, just not someone who doesn't believe cars need to be constantly spit and polished.

I had my center console out the week I installed the roof console and my aux battery/USB port so most of that was already de-crumbed and dusted, was mainly just the floor where dirty feet constantly get placed which was dirty inside my ute. Despite packing to go away I'm still not going to sweep or vacuum the tub, it can stay dirty.

Yeah I used the rear most container (D40's have 3) in the center console and fitted a twin ciggie outlet and a USB outlet which come off the second battery. The USB I'll use to charge iPods etc but the AUX is a separate fused line to run a 19V transformer for my tablet/GPS unit rather than going to the hassle of using an inverter.

Got a pic mate ?

Oh and I bought a high pressure water cleaner yesterday.

A good one, with the Subaru engine.

Now I wont mind washing the ute.

Na I never got around to taking pics of the installs recently, to be honest I didn't think they were that exciting.

We've got two pressure cleaners one with a 12HP and the other with a 14HP Briggs and Stratton engine but for washing the ute I find it heaps easier to use the $70 GMC electric I picked up from Bunnings. The big ones do a good job but they are too big and bulky and take nearly as long to organise as it takes to wash the ute.

Can't really see much anyway, it's just a USB port standing up in the console, but if I ever get around to taking the camera out I might remember to do something with it.

Latest posts

Back