fellow d22 owners

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaneyboy

Reaction score
im from australia and bought a D22 navara for 16 grand it only had 49 k on the clock its an 05 model got a great deal on it. its all stock i was wondering what parts should i put on it first and what brands in australia are the best to use for the navara? any hints and tips woul dbe great im only 17 and new to the game.

cheers

Welcome zaneyboy, the majority of us here are aussies just like the majority of your questions are probably already answered somewhere here. The best hint or tip would probably be to use the search and advanced search features.

Sounds like a bargain to me. Have a look at the members' rides section, or the garage, to see what other people have done to theirs.

What mods you DO do to yours is all dependent on what you want to do with the vehicle. If you're into sand, you don't want to weigh the vehicle down too much, so get some good recovery points fitted and don't fit a heavy bullbar at the front unless you need it. If you like mud or outback treks, then you want a bullbar and winch - among other things.

Perhaps you want to go long distances (long range fuel tank) or do the Canning Stock Route (roof top tent, extra fuel cans, raised suspension).

It's all up to what you want. Take a look through the Trips and Touring forum as well to see where other people have gone - it might inspire you!

well in darwin theres alot of mud and i love it just wondering what deals people got in which brands with things like a bullbar and winch see if i can get together in a good deal and a snorkel and eventually a lift and body kit

Welcome mate. A lot of your questions are answered. First thing I did was suspension. The works on all the other stuff gradually. You got a slammer of a deal there good stuff. In Darwin I'm bot sure but I would ask zordo about your suspension and if your a handy person try giving the fitting of stuff a go urself. It'll save you a lot of $$$. I have efs gear and can't fault it yet to bodylift and Sliders will be going on oneday.

Goodluck
Rusty

There is a few from Darwin, not many from memory but I'm sure I've seen a few pop up.

Nice buy.

Check out people's signatures and members threads for ideas.

Oh and welcome.

I would go have a look at TJM and ARB shops to see whats around - but don't buy anything from them straight away. Easy to see what they have on display, but you'll probably find things are cheaper from other brands / stores. Take some time and hunt around a bit - no good spending $5k on mods only to find out its not what you need or want.

Once you know what you want, have a look in peoples signature / garages for similar products and you'll prob find good gear thats a bit cheaper than TJM/ ARB etc......

Lastly - keep saving $$$$ - the mods never end :)

Latest posts

Back