extended warranty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thefoz

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions if the extended Nissan factory warranty is worth it?
The dealer is trying to flog an extended Nissan warranty for 3 years for $1400.
As the Narvara has fixed price servicing for 6 years and the STX 550 i have bought is a fairly new model would it be worth extending the factory warranty?

It all depends what goes wrong. You could have nothing go wrong and waste $1400, you could have a problem that is worth more than $1400.

It's just like insurance, spend the money on whatever level of cover you convince yourself you need. However if you do get it, read the fine print, things like servicing may be required to be done at one place, or at a dealership which will cost you more than a decent independent mechanic. There will also be other clauses you must adhere to. The one thing you can not guarantee is that all warranty jobs will be fixed just because you have an extended warranty, Nissan can refuse anyone extended warranty or not.

Thanks guys.
I suppose its a fair bit of momey and there do seem to be a few catches in the fine print.
I hope the new girl doesnt let me down.Only 2 weeks until delivery.

They will offer it to you a bit cheaper just before your 3 year one expires, That what they do here in tassie. When i bought new the extended waranty was $2200 and just before my 3 year expired it was $1267' big price drop.

I had it and it paid for itself in a set of brake shoes and complete axle assembly.

As said, " level of cover you are comfortable with"

I might have to contact the dealer and see if that price is negiotable.I plan on keeping this for a fair while but saying that in another 3 years or so some pretty new thing might come along and turn my head and off i go again spending money i havent got.

So you can decide when you get there. You can purchase the e/w at any time from any dealer ( and they are competitive, so bargain) up until the original warranty runs out.

Last edited:
I didnt know that so thanks for that good info.I will check up on that and perhaps do some negiotating.

Just be careful you don't negotiate out something that is beneficial to you, the more you drop their price the less could be in the contract. Read the fine print carefully and know what is and isn't covered before you hand over any cash.

Hey guys,

Digging up and Old thread here,

My truck is up for extended warranty soon.
Contacted the dealer and found out its Manufacture warranty not dealer, and they are asking $2200 for 3 years or 150,000km

from what ive seen thats ALOT more then others have paid.

Can I go to another dealership and get warranty? or contact nissan directly?

Given ive had 2 ABS sensors replaced and a handful of seals, Im believing having it is going to be handy in the future, touch wood haha

what are the thoughts of the brains trust!?!?!?!

Try the Ballina dealer. They gave me a better price. But that was some time ago now.

Does anyone have any suggestions if the extended Nissan factory warranty is worth it?
The dealer is trying to flog an extended Nissan warranty for 3 years for $1400.
As the Narvara has fixed price servicing for 6 years and the STX 550 i have bought is a fairly new model would it be worth extending the factory warranty?

I brought the extended warrenty when I was in Perth last year, got it for $1570 the local dealer where I brought the car in rockhampton wanted $2200, I have used it, had to replace the intercooler about a 2 weeks after the original warrenty expired.

I brought the extended warrenty when I was in Perth last year, got it for $1570 the local dealer where I brought the car in rockhampton wanted $2200, I have used it, had to replace the intercooler about a 2 weeks after the original warrenty expired.

I rang a nissan dealer in sydney and asked about their pricing, and it was more then my local

when i questioned my local about the differences she says there is a manual supplied my Nissan ( i was free to come look at) and it had the RRp of the warranty in it.
Beats me how everyone's different!!

Latest posts

Back