The very short eBay turbo story.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,
Had to throw this up here.

So recently I bought a Turbocharger from eBay (SLTurbo brand) for $575 which I thought was an ok deal, has a 2-year warranty. It is the turbo with the electronic actuator so a bit higher in price than the Chinese GT2056.
The turbo arrived in 3 days which was good but 2 of the gaskets didn't fit properly. I thought I'd contact the seller to see if they could send me some replacements so I sent them a message. They replied saying they didn't have any in stock. I suggested they could contact their supplier and have them send replacements directly to me so it would be at no cost to anyone. They replied, "can't do it".
At this point, I let it go, couldn't be bothered and knocked out some gaskets this afternoon out of that steel core gasket paper from Supercheap. $13 a sheet, bargain.

I jump on eBay to buy a few more bits and pieces and see a message from the seller. They have refunded the full amount and said "keep the turbocharger or dispose of it".:shocked:

Is it wrong that I am keeping the turbo, I mean I didn't ask for a refund, just wanted to see if I could get replacement gaskets?

I find it odd that they would give up something that easy. Ah well if it fails, it didn't cost me anything.

1661765127003.png

Latest posts

Back